GLS Berlin Villa Language School is a summer camp for teenagers who want to learn and / or improve German, to get acquainted with the sights of Berlin, its traditions. The language school is located on the territory of a historical mansion, within walking distance from the main trade artery of the country's capital. In the central part of the metropolis GLS Berlin Villa is an island of tranquility. It is distinguished by a measured rhythm of life, an atmosphere of serenity.
The school in the Kurfürstendamm district is a convenient place to learn German. The location of the camp allows you to easily combine studying with a cognitive holiday in Berlin. From the language school it is easy to reach to the Reichstag, the Berlin Wall, Potsdamer Platz and its many attractions. All these objects students can inspect after class.
Quick Facts. A two-week vacation program for the development of general language skills and cognitive recreation in Berlin.
About the course. The program provides for the study of the main aspects of German. The weekly load is 20 lessons. In the classroom, the emphasis is on the study of general vocabulary and the development of speech. Practical communication serves as the basis for training in the GLS Berlin Villa. Also in the classroom, students improve their listening, reading, and writing skills.
Students age: 16-17 years.
Start dates: June 28, 2015 - August 16, 2015.
Requirements for admission: German is not lower than beginner.
Learning outcomes: mastering spoken German, improving general language skills in a relaxed atmosphere.
Class size: 12 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
The cost of the program includes: transfers from the airport in Berlin on Sundays (from 8 am to 10 pm), 20 lessons of German Per week (from 15-30 to 19-00), 2 activities per week, 1 excursion per week, full board meals, accommodation on the school grounds (in 3-5-bed rooms), 24-hour supervision by school staff, registration fees
The cost of the program: from 1550 euros for 2 weeks, from 2290 euros for 3 weeks, an additional week of 740 euros
Students are offered accommodation on a campus in a cozy residence. Teenagers are given seats in 3 - 5-bed rooms. Facilities in the residence are on the floor. The school provides its students with three meals a day. The menu includes traditional German cuisine.
At school, you can spend an exciting vacation. Extracurricular program of the school includes sports exercises and competitions, intraschool entertainment (discos, contests, shows, quizzes, barbecues, etc.). There are 2 events a day. A separate part of the program is an excursion program. Students can get acquainted with brightest sights of Berlin and neighboring cities.
In the first half of the day from Monday to Friday, students are offered 4 lessons of German.
The school has modern equipped auditoriums, a computer class, Wi-Fi, a picturesque garden. For recreation there is also a cafeteria, lounge area. There is a mini golf course in the German Language School.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.