German University in Cairo
Description of German University in Cairo
- Established: 2003
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Number of students: 11,000
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: private.
The German University in Cairo is an independent, non-profit educational institution in Egypt, run by German-Egyptian leadership. The university was established in 2003. The main goal is to create a leading center of excellence in teaching and research, which will effectively contribute to the general welfare at the national and international levels; the pursuit of scientific, technical, economic and cultural cooperation between Egypt and Germany. Researchers from Egypt and Germany collaborate in the field of pharmaceuticals, mechanical engineering, and management.
In 2007, a guest house was opened for teachers and students in the center of Ulm, in 2011 - the office of a German university in Berlin, which was an important step in promoting international research and educational activities.
GUC has received support and accreditation:
- Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education
- German Embassy in Cairo
- Egyptian Embassy in Berlin
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Goethe Institute
- German Ministry of Science, Research and Arts
- Mannheim State University
- Tübingen State University
- Center for International Migration (CIM)
- German Forschungsgemeinschaft
- German Evangelische Oberschule Kairo (DEO)
- German Schule der Borromäerinnen (Cairo and Alexandria).
A number of agreements have been signed between the German University in Cairo and the Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart:
- The curriculum must be approved by both parties in order to comply with international standards.
- Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart provide GUC with the necessary technical and personnel assistance
- The main language of instruction is English, but German is necessarily taught for four consecutive semesters in order to give students the basis of the language and prepare them for internships, exchange programs with German universities.
In addition to the main training programs, short-term courses are available:
- Computer and network security
- Project management
- Computer graphics
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Analysis and development of algorithms
- Embedded Systems
- Software development
- Introduction to Management
- Neural networks
- Sensor Networks
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Engineering chemistry, etc.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in German University in Cairo
- Support and accreditation of reputable organizations
- Internationally-sought-after job training programs
- The experience of leading German universities reflected in the curriculum
- Close international cooperation
- Qualified teaching staff
- Full English Training
- The possibility of active scientific activity.
Facilities and equipment at German University in Cairo
The German University in Cairo is located in the southeast of the city. The campus area is 577,000 sq.m. On the territory are located:
- Educational buildings
- Athletic facilities
- Industrial park
- Solar park for the integration of education, research and application.
On the basis of the university work:
- Research repository
- Center for Computer Engineering
- Producer Media Center.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at the German University in Cairo, an applicant must:
- Take an English proficiency test
- Successfully pass the entrance test
- Provide a certificate of registration fee payment, a medical certificate, a statement addressed to the rector and a letter of motivation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about German University in Cairo
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.