Georgian Technical University
Description of Georgian Technical University
- Founded: 1922
- Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
- Language of instruction: Russian, English, Georgian
- Number of students: about 20,000
- Rating in Georgia: 5.
Georgian Technical University is one of the five best universities in Georgia and offers quality education in 211 programs. The university has opened 8 faculties - the most popular are specialties related to computer technology, computer science, energy, construction and engineering technology.
The Georgian Technical University collaborates with universities from other countries, offering exchange programs, is a member of the prestigious European University Association, and is engaged in relevant research funded by various public and private foundations. Students, including foreigners, can count on a scholarship with high rates in study.
The university has received a license for the Tell Me More foreign language education system, and also offers distance education for those students who are forced to stay in their city. All training programs are pleasing with relevant knowledge that employers want to see in young specialists.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Georgian Technical University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Georgia is one of the most hospitable countries in the world: students can live not only in hostels, but also in rented rooms and apartments. The cost of renting a room in the city center is about $ 160 per month, a separate apartment on the outskirts of Tbilisi - from $ 130 per month, a good apartment in the city center - from $ 230 per month. You can eat in a cafe on the territory of the university, which will be cheaper than in urban institutions.
Activities Georgian Technical University
Students unite in groups corresponding to their hobbies and hobbies: organize performances, competitions, exhibitions and other creative events, participate in sports competitions. In their free time, they can visit the sights of Tbilisi, go on a tour of other regions of the country, getting acquainted with the culture, history and customs of Georgia.
Facilities and equipment at Georgian Technical University
Georgian Technical University has 127 research centers and laboratories, 17 research institutes, sports grounds, a library, computer classes with broadband Internet access are available.
Admission dates and extra charges
In Georgia, as in many other countries, the educational process at the university is divided into 2 semesters with an examination session and holidays after each. Additional costs for mobile communications, transportation, food and leisure will range from $ 165 per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The percentage of applicants is about 80% of all candidates: the selection committee primarily looks at the results of entrance exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Georgian Technical University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.