George Mason University
Description of George Mason University
- Founded: 1972
- Location: Fairfax, USA
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: about 25,000
- Rating in the USA: 95.
George Mason University is consistently included in the TOP 100 US universities and holds high international rankings. The most popular specialty is “Economics and Business” - in the world ranking, the university takes 47th place in this area.
The university cooperates with foreign partners in exchange programs and is a member of a number of associations: Sport affiliations and memberships: National Collegiate Athletic Association, Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, American Association of State Colleges and Universities.
Employers are happy to recruit graduates of George Mason University: more than 80% of bachelors and masters find a good place in the first 3-6 months after receiving a diploma. The number of teachers is 1800, many of them have academic degrees. The university has a large campus with various additional buildings.
The university is known for successful graduates: among them are businessmen, politicians, scientists, there are even Nobel Prize winners. Surprising and rare research work: for example, swimming with sharks on the east coast of the United States in order to study their behavior in the natural environment.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in George Mason University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Foreign students can live in a dormitory: all rooms have fresh repairs and the necessary set of equipment. There is also another option - renting a separate apartment: it will cost from $ 1180 per month. Students can eat at university cafes: it's inexpensive and tasty.
Activities George Mason University
The university offers a large selection of extracurricular activities: sports, entertainment, creative. Students take part in regular competitions, contests, get to know each other and unite in clubs of interest, developing as individuals.
Facilities and equipment at George Mason University
The university has 15 research centers with laboratories, 5 libraries, fitness centers with pools, sports grounds, computer classes. Each office is equipped with everything necessary, including video projectors and audio equipment.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education at George Mason University takes place according to the classical scheme and is divided into semesters. Additional expenses, including meals, communication, transportation costs, leisure activities, will range from $ 500 per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For successful admission, it is necessary to provide documents about previous education, letters of recommendation, and pass a profile exam.
Literature and references
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about George Mason University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.