Fairmont Private Schools
Description of Fairmont Private Schools
- Year of foundation: 1953
- Location: Anaheim, California, USA
- Age of students: 10-18 years old
- Type of institution: private school
- Language of instruction: English
- Form of study: full-time and online
- Type of studying: mixed.
This school specializes in technical and natural sciences and is considered one of the most elite in the United States. In 1991, Fairmont private school in San Diego was awarded the prestigious "Blue Ribbon", which is considered the highest award of the US Department of Education - the award was presented personally by US President George W. Bush.
The Fairmont Private School is popular with Russian and foreign students: more than 1,000 international students study here every year. At school, children are taught according to the standard American system of education, and for those who want to prepare for university entrance, there is an international pre-university program, International Baccalaureate.
The mission of the school is to cultivate a culture of mutual respect in students, protecting the individual characteristics of each person and their dignity, contribute to creating a safe environment and give valuable academic knowledge.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Fairmont Private Schools
Accommodation, meals, prices
While studying in a private school Fairmont foreign students live in host families, which are strictly selected by the school administration. Families are trying to create the most comfortable conditions for their guests to stay, study and rest. When choosing a host family, the school administration pays special attention to the location of their home so that students can comfortably travel to school: they usually get on the school bus or they are brought up by members of the host family.
Usually, international students are provided with a separate room, the host family organizes three meals a day with snacks on weekends, and on weekdays they prepare breakfast and dinner, as schoolchildren dine on school campus.
Activities Fairmont Private Schools
Conditions are created for foreign students so that they can combine study and travel, so they organize sightseeing trips to neighboring cities on weekends or during vacations, and pupils visit sights in the city of Anaheim during their free time.
- Outdoor science camp
- Farm Riley
- Richard Nixon Library
- Los Angeles
- Aquarium Long Beach and others.
After classes, schoolchildren usually go in for sports, attend hobby groups or creative activities, enter student government, participate in a discussion club. Optional classes for children and teenagers are as follows:
- Piano lessons
- Robotics Circle
- Cross country
- American football.
- Accreditation by the National Association for the Education of Young Children ( NAYEC )
- Accreditation by the American Camp Association (ACA)
- Accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- A high percentage of admission to prestigious and elite universities among graduates
- Large selection of academic programs
- Active student life
- Scholarships for students
- Online classes during the summer holidays.
- High performance of graduates in university entrance exams
- Modern ways of learning
- Special attention to the spiritual development of students
- High school ranking.
Facilities and equipment at Fairmont Private Schools
At the Fairmont private school, students study in bright and spacious classrooms that are equipped with the latest equipment for effective study. On the campus there are located:
- Equipped classrooms with computers and internet
- Comfortable jobs
- A big library
- Conference hall
- Science laboratories
- Sports grounds for team games
- Outdoor Playgrounds
- Medical room
- Dining room, cafe
- Creative studios
- Music studio.
Admission dates and extra charges
The standard academic year is divided into 2 semesters - classes begin in late August and end in mid-June:
- First semester: August-December
- Second semester: January-June.
The summer program starts in June: it lasts 3 or 6 weeks, depending on the type of course chosen.
Additional costs include:
- Consular and visa fees
- Tuition deposit
- Medical insurance
- Roundtrip flight
- Learning materials, textbooks, books
- Optional excursions and entertainment
- Additional individual lessons
- Charges for the development of the school.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Completed application
- The last two school year grades
- Motivation letter
- Certificate of English Exam
- Recommendation letter of an English teacher
- Mathematics teacher reference letter
- Documents confirming the financial status of parents
- Medical certificates.
Applying is recommended one year prior to the start of the course; online application is available for foreign languages through the school’s official website.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Fairmont Private Schools
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.