Grossmont Private High School
Description of Grossmont Private High School
- Established: 1920
- Location: San Diego, California, USA
- Students age: 14+
- School type: private, day
- Accommodation type: host family
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of studying: mixed.
Opened in 1920, the school has become the flagship institution in California for academic excellence, sports performance, infrastructure and ambience. A few years ago, the institution received the California Distinguished Visual and Performing Arts School award and became the only public school to receive such an award.
The private school in San Diego offers 6 Pathways undergraduate programs in technical majors, as well as in-depth programs in health, arts, entertainment, and information communications.
Graduates of an educational institution most often enter the following colleges and universities:
- Barnard College
- Boston University
- Brown University
- Cornell University
- Dartmouth College
- Princeton University
- Purdue University
- United States Naval Academy
The oldest school in San Diego County is renowned for its outstanding alumni:
- Doug Benson, comedian
- Jack Hamann, journalist
- Jimmy Laval, musician
- Berevely Long, actress
- Roger Neil, composer
- Mark Philips, astronaut
- Frank Zappa, musician and composer.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Grossmont Private High School
Activities Grossmont Private High School
- Chess Club
- Cinema club
- Wall newspaper.
- Cross country
- Water polo
Facilities and equipment at Grossmont Private High School
The school is constantly working to maintain the educational and sports infrastructure at a modern level, thanks to serious funding, excellent conditions for study have been created here:
- Scientific laboratories
- Classrooms adapted for students of different age groups
- Safe and ergonomic environment
- Developed infrastructure for creativity and sports.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Grossmont Private High School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.