Aachen Higher School of Applied Sciences
Description of Aachen Higher School of Applied Sciences
- Established: 1971
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Aachen, Germany
- Number of students: 14,500
- Language of instruction: German, English.
Fachhochschule Aachen (FH Aachen) was founded in 1971 and is the highest public educational institution in Germany. The university offers students a first-class course that prepares them for work in modern and fashionable professions. In addition to traditional subjects such as mathematics, computer science, science and technology, the range of courses offered by the institution includes business research and design. FH Aachen has over 14,500 students, 19% of whom are foreign nationals. The university is a member of the elite association of universities - the European University Association (EUA).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Aachen Higher School of Applied Sciences
- The university’s international exchange programs are designed for both students and academic staff
- Studying at FH Aachen allows you to get a double diploma
- The institution focuses on the latest didactic ideas and uses modern methods - for example, e-learning.
Facilities and equipment at Aachen Higher School of Applied Sciences
The university is located in the German city of Aachen in close proximity to Belgium and the Netherlands, where several well-known European research institutes are located.
The material and technical base of FH Aachen includes:
- The library
- Mobile 3D Printing Lab (FabBus)
- Aero / race lab
- Digital School Lab (JugendIndeLab, JIL).
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at FH Aachen consists of two semesters
- The cost of living in Aachen = 541 € -956 € / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- Education document
- Test DaF (TDN 4) - for German-language programs
- TOEFL / IELTS - for English programs.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Aachen Higher School of Applied Sciences
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.