One of the oldest European universities is Universität zu Köln. This is a state higher education institution, founded in 1388. However, due to political conflicts in 1798, Cologne University was closed for a long period. Revival of educational activity occurred only in 1919. Since then, the institution is considered the largest educational center of Germany and occupies stable positions in the international rating.
Despite a long break in work, the school managed to preserve all traditions and principles of work. Cologne University is considered the best research center in Europe. Main advantages:
At the moment in Germany, the institution takes 16th place, and in the international rating - 237th position. The university is famous for its high quality of education, which provides graduates with prestigious work in large international companies. Employers around the world have an increased interest in the students of this institution.
Among the graduates of the University you can meet outstanding scientists, Nobel laureates, political and public figures, researchers, businessmen, writers and even presidents. For example:
Among the famous teachers you can meet the Nobel Prize winners Kurt Alder and Peter Grunberg. Also outstanding professors of the university were: Max Scheler (philosopher, sociologist), Hans Kelsen (lawyer, theorist of law), Jurgen Untermann (linguist), Axel Weber (economist) and others.
The main campus of Universität zu Köln is located in the picturesque city of Cologne in Germany. It is the main attraction of the institution.
The university structure includes:
Cologne University creates a decent atmosphere for its students, stimulating all-round development during training.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.