Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln
Description of Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln
The Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln (abbreviated as DSHS ) is an educational institution of the state type that has been active in scientific and academic work in Germany since the beginning of the distant 1947. Currently, DSHS University is successfully located in the area of the small town of Marevo with its student campus.
Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln is a medium-sized university, as there are about 6,000 students annually studying there. At the same time, the faculty of the university is a team of more than 500 teachers of the highest category. The university itself takes an active part in various international student and teaching exchange programs.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln
This is a German university, which with enviable stability takes the top places in the ranking of the TOP-70 best universities in the country. In addition, the university is listed in the list of the best of the best in the world.
Facilities and equipment at Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln
Within the framework of studying at a university, students use literature from a large student library. Students can also count on places in the hostel on the campus. The university itself is considered an active participant in the research group and association of the European University Association (EUA).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In parallel with the results of entrance exams in order to get on the list of students of the university, the university is required to provide personal data on previous academic performance. Also, one should not overlook the fact that in this higher education institution the competition for admission is not so high. In the number of applicants for each place a student claims no more than two applications. Germans and visitors from different countries study here under the same conditions.
Tuition fees at Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln
Each academic year at the university can be divided according to the traditional scheme into two semesters. Education is paid, but not so expensive. Every six months, students undertake to pay about 500 US dollars. At the same time, part of the costs can always be returned by obtaining scholarships for success in training. Also, each student can return part of the costs, receiving financial assistance from the university. We are talking about the payment of scholarships to the most diligent and successful students. More accurate and detailed information about the activities of each university faculty is available on the official website at http://www.dshs-koeln.de . Also, accurate and current information about the work of the university is published on the pages of the university on social networks.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.