Description of Everest Academy
- Year of foundation: 2010;
- Location: Won, Ontario, Canada;
- Students age: 11-18 years old;
- Number of students: 210 people;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Type of study: mixed.
Everest Academy innovates the traditional educational model - it is a leader in personalized learning. With a unique integrated timetable for all Everest students, athletic training and academic activities are included in each student's daily schedule. With small classrooms and teachers who understand that learning is a process where each student is known and cared for, learning is personalized to better prepare students for university entry.
Everest Academy will move to a new campus in Vaughan, Ontario in fall 2020. The school announced a partnership with The Sports Village, Toronto's premier sports and entertainment hub.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Everest Academy
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Everest Residence program offers residential accommodation to a small number of students. Accommodation in the Everest Academy student house gives students a huge academic and sports experience, forms life skills that will be needed for successful university studies. Boarding is one of the most effective ways to learn to appreciate the diversity of the academy's student body, while developing self-reliance skills and character and helping build the school community.
Activities Everest Academy
Under the guidance of Everest Strength & Conditioning coaches, students undergo training every day: daily fitness helps students to be mentally and physically ready to achieve high results in their sport and in the classroom.
At Everest Academy, the majority of students play sports outside of school with the support of elite coaches.
The educational institution offers students many opportunities to develop. The Duke of Edinburgh's awards, volunteer programs, are just two examples of opportunities for students to develop their leadership skills. A small community, teachers and trainers support students by developing their leadership skills.
- Everest Academy is a small school with small educational groups and a caring attitude of teachers and staff: a strong sense of community reigns within the institution. House System programs deepen this sense of community. Coaches, teachers, instructors work with students on a daily basis, forming strong relationships and a school culture that ensures everyone receives care and attention.
- One of the strengths of Everest Academy is the feedback from former students and their parents, confirming the high level of preparation for the next educational steps. About 96% of graduates go to university annually, and the remaining 4% are professionally involved in hockey or other sports. 96% of applicants go to the best universities in Canada and the United States.
- Everest Academy students have access to the Everest Online Learning Center (EOLC), a web-based learning platform that enhances and complements classroom learning. Students (and parents) always know the schedule of classes, school activities, tests, assignments, quickly receive all the important educational information. Students actively participating in competitions can stay up-to-date with educational events.
Facilities and equipment at Everest Academy
Everest Academy has an extensive range of sports facilities:
- 4 ice rinks for an extended hockey program, ice skating;
- 2 baseball fields on the school grounds, open field for various purposes including lacrosse;
- Beach volleyball court with 4 cross-training stations;
- Large outdoor facility for fitness and recreation at any time of the year;
- Multifunctional fitness room.
The school provides comprehensive public catering for 500+ people.
The expandable school area includes indoor classrooms, outdoor classrooms, science labs, and a department store with essential school and children's supplies.
Admission dates and extra charges
Some services are paid additionally to tuition fee:
- Transport and transfer (depends on location);
- "Hockey goalkeepers" (two lessons per week);
- Registration fee;
- School uniform;
- Online courses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants fill out an application online and submit the following documents:
- Up-to-date transcripts or report cards from the past three years;
- Copy of the student's current IEP ID: A copy of the student's birth certificate or passport;
- Recommendations (minimum): A letter from the current teacher, a letter from the coach, former teacher or school administration representative.
After evaluating the application of a potential student, the admissions committee will appoint the day of the visit or interview.
Scholarships Everest Academy
Families wishing to join Everest Academy can apply for financial aid consideration at Apple Financial Services.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Everest Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.