Description of SuOn Academy
- Year of foundation: 2007;
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada;
- Students age: 15-18 years old;
- Number of students: 300 people;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Type of education: mixed boarding school.
SuOn Academy (Chinese name: Su'an Senior High School) is a boarding school approved and registered with the Department of Education of Ontario, Canada. Suan is located in Toronto, the third largest city in North America and the largest in Canada. It is the economic, educational and cultural center of a country with a developed economy, one of the most popular cities for teaching Chinese (and not only!) Students abroad. More than half of Canada's top 20 universities are located here: Swan College has partnerships with the University of Toronto, the University of York, the University of Waterloo in Canada and the Lawrence Technical University in the United States.
Ontario High School's curriculum is rigorous, flexible, well-designed and highly academic, enjoying an excellent reputation in Canada and the world.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in SuOn Academy
Accommodation, meals, prices
- SuOn Academy organizes an airport reception, an introductory session for all students arriving in Canada, assists in opening bank accounts, setting up cellular communications, navigating Toronto's public transport.
- SuOn High School provides an airport shuttle service.
- The Student Services Center helps students open a bank account, a local mobile phone business, helps them explore the Toronto bus system, community services, and seamlessly integrate into their new life. In the first few weeks of school, SuOn High School offers various lectures and small workshops, demonstrates familiarity and welcome, effective teaching methods, university applications. The support team patiently and effectively guides students, helps them adapt to Western culture and lay the foundation for their future studies and life in Canada.
- Security and registration monitoring system in the hostel - the building uses video control throughout the building, a closed card access control system.
- 24-hour supervision in the student residence by SuOn staff.
- Support in finding student homestay accommodation (provide boarding information for students who require off-campus accommodation).
- Meals are provided every day in the student residence, and lunches are provided in the school cafeteria.
- The exclusive SuOn High School restaurant prepares delicious and balanced meals every day: these are reliable purchase channels, safety, hygiene, and a variety of food products.
- A professional school bus runs between the study area and the dormitory.
Activities SuOn Academy
SuOn High School offers students a variety of activities:
- School trash recycling program, setting up garbage recycling stations on campus, protecting the environment: this helps students to form positive environmental habits.
- Club activities after lessons, school hobby groups. The development of students 'hobbies outside of school pays special attention to the use and mobilization of organizational, innovative abilities, the development of students' social leadership skills.
- Students visit campuses in Ontario and beyond, exploring postsecondary options. During the holidays, Suan High School arranges for students to visit various universities in Canada and the United States, allowing students to immerse themselves in the life of the university campus and visit famous universities in North America.
- SuOn Academy is a Canadian approved high school to provide Canadian secondary education.
- The main teaching staff are senior teachers with rich teaching experience.
- The unique customization of the curriculum system allows students to better assimilate educational content.
- SuOn International Academy promotes academic excellence by helping young people live and think independently so they can thrive and succeed as responsible citizens in a changing world.
- SuOn Senior High School is committed to providing high quality education, childcare services.
- The teaching team consists of local teachers with Canadian qualifications and a wealth of teaching experience. It is complemented by a group of academic instructors, a team of directors who are familiar with the characteristics of Chinese foreign students and provide support, services in school, daily life.
Facilities and equipment at SuOn Academy
SuOn High School is located on 2 campuses located on Queensland Avenue and Haventry Road. The school has well-equipped academic buildings, campuses, student apartments, gyms, billiard rooms, outdoor basketball courts, libraries. Student apartments are equipped with:
- Free WiFi;
- Air conditioning;
- Satellite TV.
The restaurant offers a Chinese buffet for breakfast, lunch, dinner. The campus operates a 24/7 closed-loop monitoring system with full coverage to ensure security.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Fill out the online application on the website: a representative will contact and tell international students what the requirements are for applicants.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about SuOn Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.