Description of Daejeon University
- Established: 1979
- Location: Daejeon, South Korea
- Language of instruction: English, Korean
- Type: private.
Daejeon University was founded in 1979 as Daejeon College, and received higher education status in 1989.
The university became a member of the government-funded program, thanks to which it conducted a system of renovation of both the material and technical base, and the curriculum, for which the best European and Korean specialists were involved.
Key principles of Daejeon University:
- Education of patriotism in youth, instilling a sense of responsibility for the future of their country
- Creating a creative environment for students
- Constant contribution to the development of science and society.
Almost all specialties are taught in Korean, with the exception of some master's programs. If the language level of a foreign student is lower than required, he will be offered to take one-year Korean language courses, thanks to which he will get acquainted with the culture and customs of the country, will undergo high-quality language education.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Daejeon University
- Opportunity to get education at a developing educational institution supported by the Ministry of Education of Korea
- Relatively low tuition
- Small number of students
- Strong teaching staff
- Modern material and technical base of the university
- One of the goals is the education of personnel capable of taking leadership positions
- Participation in international exchange programs
- A busy student life.
Facilities and equipment at Daejeon University
The forces of students and teachers of Daejeon University operate 4 centers of oriental medicine and a hospital in Daejeon, Cheonan and Jeondu.
The university hostel accommodates one and a half thousand students: it is equipped with single, double and triple rooms, each of which has its own personal hygiene facilities, a dining room, a gym, a laundry room, a room for playing table tennis, an ironing room and classrooms.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at Daejeon University , an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education
- Copies of identity documents of the applicant and parents
- Motivation letter
- Confirmation of sufficient amount of finance to pay for education
- Certificate of registration of a foreigner in Korea
- Registration fee payment receipt
- The original certificate of delivery of TOPIC is not lower than level 2.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Daejeon University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.