Birmingham International Collegiate of Canada
Description of Birmingham International Collegiate of Canada
- Established year: 2006
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Age of students:
- Number of students: 200
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: private school.
Birmingham International College Canada is a private high school with credit authority as required by the Ontario Department of Education. BICC provides students with an education at the highest academic level in an environment that promotes a positive perception of themselves and encourages the student's development at the highest level.
Toronto is Canada's largest city, home to 2.8 million people. It is a global hub for business, finance, art and culture, which is consistently considered one of the most liveable cities in the world.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Birmingham International Collegiate of Canada
Accommodation, meals, prices
- Students can choose their own location off-campus.
- There are many options for homestay accommodation – living quarters are checked, all adults in the house undergo a mandatory check for criminal records.
Activities Birmingham International Collegiate of Canada
- Students at birmingham International Collegiate of Canada participate in community programs that allow students to learn, adapt and integrate into local culture.
- The program of extracurricular activities aims to form multicultural values and attitudes through a diverse curriculum, various trips and excursions.
- The highly qualified and dedicated staff is committed to providing students with the highest quality instruction in the well-resourced environment necessary for optimal learning. Small classes provide individual attention, and teachers strive to motivate, inspire students every day.
- Optimal Student-Teacher Ratio: The school specifically ensures that the EAP program has fewer than 10 students per teacher to ensure the successful acquisition of the reading, writing, speaking, listening, and grammar skills taught at each level.
- Highly qualified teachers: EAP BICC teachers are highly qualified in their field and have extensive experience in teaching English to international students.
- Ongoing Academic and Cultural Counseling: BICC advisors provide students with ongoing assistance on academic issues such as peer learning and individual study schedules, as well as on off-campus issues such as accommodation services and cultural activities in and around Toronto.
- Creative Learning: BICC promotes interactive learning strategies (such as the use of multimedia and online modeling) so that students can reach their full potential.
- Certified Teachers: The efforts and dedication of teachers are rewarded with a high level of graduate admission to the most prestigious universities in Canada and other countries.
Facilities and equipment at Birmingham International Collegiate of Canada
Birmingham International Collegiate of Canada offers students modern equipped facilities for study and leisure.
Admission dates and extra charges
The application fee is 300 $CAD.
Additional services and related fees:
- Meeting at the airport – 100 $CAD
- Guardianship (for students under 18 years of age) – 1200 $CAD per year
- Homestay fee – 300 $CAD
- The cost of living in a homestay is from 900 to 1500 $CAD per month (depending on the location, meal plan)
- The cost of tutoring is 75-100 $CAD per hour (depends on the subject).
- Fill out and send the application form, attach to them the official transcripts for 3 years + 3 passport photos, pay the registration fee - 300CAD$.
- If you are accepted, you will receive an email notifying you of enrollment. At this stage, tuition fees and other fees must be paid.
- After receiving the payments, the college will send you an official letter of acceptance and a receipt for payment.
- Apply for a student visa.
- A representative of the Birmingham International Collegiate of Canada will meet you at the airport and take you to the host family or to a Canadian guardian.
The University Enrolment Service helps students choose the right university and guarantee admission.
The school conducts seminars on admission to universities that best meet the educational goals of each student.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Documents required by the admission team to consider the application:
- Copy of passport
- Passport Photo
- English Test Results
- Additional documents may be required for certain programs or for the institution to issue an unconditional letter of acceptance.
Additional documents may be required for certain programs or for the institution to issue an unconditional letter of acceptance.
Scholarships Birmingham International Collegiate of Canada
Scholarships for talented students offered by BICC:
- Sports – for students who demonstrate high-level skills in their chosen sport (for example, football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, tennis, swimming, gymnastics, athletics, etc.), have received awards at sports competitions at different levels, such as school, district, city or country.
- Creative – for students demonstrating a high level of ability in various fields of art, including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, music (instrumental and vocal) and dance, which have received awards in competitions or recognition at different levels (school, district, city or country).
- Leadership – for students who demonstrate leadership abilities in any organization, club or social activity. The student must receive recognition from two teachers who have witnessed his outstanding leadership qualities.
- For community activists – for students who actively participate in community service and have made a great contribution to the life of their communities. The student must obtain recognition from one teacher and one member of society who can confirm his social activities.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Birmingham International Collegiate of Canada
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.