Description of Chisholm Academy
- Established: 1971
- Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- Students age: 12-18 yrs.
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: private school of mixed form of studying.
Since 1971, Chisholm Academy has been a leader in providing support to students seeking personalized educational programs. The school's specialists carefully schedule the individual program of each student, monitor it and regularly refine it. All teachers have special education, the school has its own department of psychology with an impeccable reputation. With its small classroom size, beautiful building, many technological resources, and dedicated staff, Chisholm Academy is a leader in supportive education.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Chisholm Academy
Activities Chisholm Academy
There is something for everyone at Chisholm! The school hosts most of the extracurricular activities during lunchtime to provide all students with the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities. Clubs include:
- A photo
- Various sports
- Activities on request of students.
- The Chisholm experience offers a unique educational advantage over conventional public or private schools - working with students from different backgrounds, different diagnoses in small groups, creating new school experiences, building trust in the academic and social realms.
- The range of extracurricular activities surpasses most schools.
- The Academy offers a full range of courses, small classrooms, personalized programming, and extensive educational support. The high school offers courses for college or university admission.
- The school relies on the experience of the affiliated Psychological Center Chisholm to develop an individualized learning plan for each student, staff consultations are available for students. The psychological center staff has experience in developing programs for students with learning disabilities, ADHD, ASD and emotional problems such as anxiety and depression.
Facilities and equipment at Chisholm Academy
- Each student receives a laptop for study with the necessary software.
- Wireless Internet is available to all students.
- Chisholm teachers use the latest teaching technology. Each classroom is equipped with a Smart Board. The relationship between students and teachers is maintained using LinQ and Smart Synch technologies.
Admission dates and extra charges
Part-time students are billed for the number of courses they have taken.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Chisholm Academy takes an individual approach to each family. The admission process may be different for each family, and the school will personally help you with this.
- Initial Contact - the admission process begins with a conversation with an admissions officer.
- Interview with parents to explore eligibility of parties: can Chisholm provide a supportive, environment that meets the child's needs for academic and personal success.
- Parents provide Chisholm with supporting documentation: updated psychoeducational assessment, recent report cards, previous IEPs, other documentation of the child's needs.
- Interview with a student - the admissions office staff will spend 20-30 minutes getting to know each other, to offer a tour of the school, to meet other students, and to spend time in the classroom.
- The school will ask permission to contact the child's previous institution to gather additional information to help to understand how best to meet the student's needs.
- The selection committee will present all the information collected in order to make a decision on the proposal.
Scholarships Chisholm Academy
A limited number of scholarships are available depending on financial needs. This includes all Chisholm programs.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Chisholm Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.