231 best Chinese language courses in China. List of schools for foreign students, 2024 fees, rankings
Nowadays, China is one of the most popular countries among foreign students wishing to get high-quality education abroad. SMAPSE offers you TOP-100 language schools, colleges, camps and universities in China where international students can study effective Chinese courses all year round. Chinese schools provide high-quality studying conditions, a wide range of courses and programs, exciting cultural programs and high-qualified teachers as native speakers.
SMAPSE experts have collected for you 100 best language schools, camps, colleges and universities in China that allow to combine effective Chinese courses with interesting cultural programs. Please, don't hesitate to contact SMAPSE experts as they are always ready to answer all your questions.
Language courses at universities in China for foreign students
Most universities in China have special Chinese language courses for foreign students. Since this is a state program and its content is standard, you will not find striking differences in these courses - which means that you can safely choose the city that you like best and enter a group. You need to be prepared for the fact that studying is usually conducted in English. The course consists of several subjects and covers all aspects of learning the Chinese language: reading, listening, speaking (speaking), calligraphy, vocabulary and grammar, as well as preparing for the HSK profile exam.
Studying at such courses takes approximately 16-20 hours a week, the cost will directly depend on the city: in large cities (such as Beijing or Shanghai) you will have to pay about 11 thousand yuan per month, in more remote provinces and cities - 6 thousand yuan. Do not forget that most often the university helps students with obtaining a student visa, and also offers accommodation on campus at affordable prices.
Chinese courses in private schools in China
Private language schools in China are most often focused on short-term and adult courses, so they offer a more flexible schedule, including weekend classes, private lessons, or weekly-two-week Chinese language courses in China. The number of students in the class is much smaller than at university courses, and curricula often focus on the colloquial aspect of language learning, but at the same time they may include preparation for the HSK exam.
Private schools in China offer to study the language using various methods, complement the learning process with extra-curricular activities and try to create a welcoming and fun atmosphere. This option is also convenient because you can start classes whenever you want: the minimum composition of the group is 2 people, so you will not have to postpone studies until the next semester. Another plus of studying at a private school in China is the ability to pay only for the classes that you attended. Therefore, if you are sick or simply cannot come to the lesson, you will not have to pay for it. The cost of studying at a private school varies depending on the city and institution: from $ 300 to $ 1,500 per week of studying.
Chinese courses in China: important features and differences
If we talk about university courses:
1) Strict binding to the dates of the beginning of the spring / autumn semester: you will not be able to start training when you want it or it will be convenient.
2) Inability to combine work and study: courses are carried out on weekdays and practically does not give chances for work / part-time work.
3) Traditional teaching methods: regardless of the nationality of students, everyone will be taught according to the same methodology and approach.
Chinese courses at a private school in China have their own differences:
- Price is not an indicator of quality: there is enormous competition in the Chinese education market, which is why Chinese schools are trying to attract customers with the most effective method - lowering prices. Alas, often this affects the quality of teaching and the level of professionalism of teachers. The main way to avoid this situation is not to chase cheapness, giving preference to trusted schools with reviews.
- A flexible schedule is the lack of rules: due to the fact that private schools in China try to individualize the approach to learning as much as possible and please everyone, students can afford to come and leave the course when they want to.
- Some Chinese schools do not provide student visas: unlike state universities, not every private school can help students with a student visa. Before deciding on a choice, clarify this point.
TOP-10 Chinese universities in 2018
- Peking University (Peking University, Beijing)
- Tsinghua University (Tsinghua University, Beijing)
- Zhejiang University (Zhejiang University, Zhejiang)
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai Jao Tong University, Shanghai)
- Fudan University (Fudan University, Fudan)
- Nanjing University (Nanjing University, Nanjing)
- The University of Science and Technology of China (Scientific and Technical University of China, Anhui).
Chinese language schools with Chinese courses for international students
- Sprachcaffe is a network of international language schools around the world.
They have been offering their services for over 30 years and have 30 language schools with
all over the world who are studying not only Chinese, but also
other languages, such as German, Italian, Arabic, etc.
- Mandarin house is a Chinese language school. Studying here
more than 5000 students from different countries, which guarantees absolutely
unique language environment during
learning. This school has vast experience in learning Chinese and
takes care of all students.
- LTL Mandarin is a Chinese school for foreign students with branches in
Beijing, Shanghai and Chengde. It was created to provide students with
Full immersion in the Chinese language and culture. Thanks to a wide range
curriculum school provides each student with the opportunity
learn Chinese in lessons in small groups, with
individual teachers, in business Chinese classes, at universities, in HSK preparatory courses and in
many other courses. LTL is also one of the centers
accredited for the delivery of HSK, and monthly offers the opportunity
take exams from 1st to 6th level.