Home Language International Republic of South Africa
Description of Home Language International Republic of South Africa
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Founded: 1979
- Type of education: individual
- Type of accommodation: family (full board)
- Language of instruction: English.
Home Language International is a family business that offers full immersion courses in 20 languages in more than 30 countries. Program participants will stay in the house of an experienced teacher, will learn the language in individual lessons, receive 3 meals a day with their family, and continue to develop linguistic skills throughout their stay, becoming participants in the daily life of the family. HLI home schooling allows you to exclude communication in the native language of students outside the classroom, being the only student in the classroom and outside it, to gain experience of complete immersion. But you can also include these communications in West Coast College or any high school in Cape Town.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Home Language International Republic of South Africa
Accommodation, meals, prices
Accommodation in Cape Town:
- Full board - $ 840 / week.
- Half board - $ 756 / week.
Activities Home Language International Republic of South Africa
Home Language International offers a list of extracurricular activities:
- Golf (3x1h.) - 350 $
- Kayak (travel in Western Cape under the guidance of cheerful, experienced guides on stable kayaks, suitable for rowers of any skill) - $ 230
- Wine tasting (18+, 4 guided tours of vineyards and cellars) - $ 370
- Diving (full day on the Shark Cage) - $ 390
- Full Day Safari - $ 490
All HLI programs include:
- Carefully tested family homes
- Separate cozy bedroom
- 3 meals a day with the host family
- Local organizers to help organize your stay
- 24 hour hotline
- Qualified, experienced teachers
- 15-30 hours of individual lessons + selected activities (all expenses are included)
- Certificate of education, course report.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Preparation for the exam - $ 130 / week.
- Learning a business / specialized dictionary - $ 130 / week.
- Teacher course - 130 $ / week.
- Additional supervision - $ 150 / week.
- Special diet - $ 150 / week.
- Special needs - $ 150 / week.
- Stay on holidays (Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving - $ 150 / week.
- Private bathroom - $ 190 / week.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Home Language International Republic of South Africa
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.