Home Language International is a family business that offers full immersion courses in 20 languages in more than 30 countries. Program participants will stay in the house of an experienced teacher, will learn the language in individual lessons, receive 3 meals a day with their family, and continue to develop linguistic skills throughout their stay, becoming participants in the daily life of the family. HLI home schooling allows you to exclude communication in the native language of students outside the classroom, being the only student in the classroom and outside it, to gain experience of complete immersion.
Classic Language Program - the original and most popular program for adults, aimed at complete immersion in the language and culture being studied. Students are provided with full board accommodation, individual language lessons, the opportunity to spend free time outside of classes and lunch, studying the daily life of the host family and continuing to learn the language on their own.
Language Program with Activities offers a unique opportunity to immediately use acquired language skills in practice. Activities include visiting local attractions, national parks, shopping, cooking traditional dishes, afternoon tea, bowling, minigolf, swimming, board games. The specific content of additional classes depends on the location of the family, local events and personal interests of the student.
Language Program with Cultural Excursions combines a language course with excursions to discover the sights and customs of the country. The cultural program usually includes 3 events, accompanied by a teacher or any adult family member. The choice of places to visit will depend on the location of the family and personal preferences. All excursions are conducted in English, so study continues even outside the classroom.
Accommodation in Cape Town:
Home Language International offers a list of extracurricular activities:
All HLI programs include:
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.