Prestigious high schools in Nice for international students
Nice is located in the coastal part of France at a distance of 30 kilometers from the state border with Italy: on the one hand, the French city is washed by the warm sea, and on the other is surrounded by picturesque mountain ranges. Nice has the status of a sought-after and prestigious European resort, whose popularity is due to:
- beautiful beaches
- a large number of cultural and historical attractions.
Nice has a very cozy comfortable and friendly atmosphere.
Foreign students should be guided in choosing an elite high school in Nice with such parameters as a list of educational programs, positions in international ranking, and location.
Ranked High Schools in Nice: List of Programs
France supports secondary schools in Nice and other cities : secondary education serves as a priority for domestic policy, the main task of which is to create an equal, comfortable learning environment for foreign and French students. Unified educational standards are set here, with leading French schools given the opportunity to make some changes. The prestigious private boarding schools in Nice create comfortable conditions for foreign students, allowing them to quickly and painlessly adapt to the new language and culture. If the child speaks French at poor level, he is offered additional language courses.
The following are the most popular educational programs among foreign students:
- GCSE is a UK-based program that complies with grades 8–9 in compulsory and optional subjects.
- A-level - a British two-year program leading to an elite certificate of secondary education. The main goal of the A-level is to effectively prepare students for the intense academic load in ranking universities in Europe and the world: this is a recognized standard in the British educational system.
- International Baccalaureate is an international program for obtaining a certificate of full secondary education lasting 2 years, which is accepted by all leading world universities. IB is focused on pre-university studying, personal development, and the development of creative potential.
At what age is better to get secondary education in Nice?
The optimal age for studying abroad is 12-14 years: adolescents at this stage gain independence, a close acquaintance with the new linguistic and cultural environment easily occurs. Having a certificate of secondary education in the advanced school of Nice, a graduate will be able to freely become a student in ranking universities in Europe and other countries.
Leading language courses in Nice for foreign students
If you are thinking about educating a child in a prestigious high school in Nice, then it’s worth starting to take part in vacation programs . It is at the same time a wonderful vacation in an elite resort and a quick overcoming of the language barrier, gaining the experience of independent living abroad by a foreign student.
It is worth paying attention to the prestigious language camp Riviera French Institute, popular among foreign students. It offers combined summer language programs aimed at children and adults, seasonal courses, classes in business English and French. In addition, the Riviera French Institute organizes leisure activities of an entertaining and cultural nature, conducts educational excursions on the Cote d'Azur.
Main types of language courses in Nice:
- Standard - provides for 20 lessons per week: the development of students' reading, speaking, writing, listening comprehension skills.
- Intensive - during the week, an average of about 26-30 lessons are held, the purpose of which is the development of language skills, complete immersion in the language environment.
- Summer children's courses in English / French - learning a foreign language + active leisure program: sports classes, recreational activities and educational excursions.
- Active leisure + classes - the program provides standard French lessons plus active leisure for students: fashion, cooking, winemaking, style circles, etc.
- Foreign language + sports - in addition to foreign classes, sports training are provided: golf, tennis, diving, surfing, etc.
- The DELF exam preparation program is an intensive course for improving language skills and updating academic knowledge. Students regularly perform studying tasks and tests, where teachers monitor everyone's progress.