Leading schools in Manchester for international students from 11 to 18 years old
Manchester is very popular among international teenagers ages 12, 13, 14 and 16 to get a prestigious British secondary education . his popularity only increases every year, and one of the reasons is its status as the home of two major English soccer clubs, Manchester United and Manchester City. Young sports fans will be delighted to receive an education in Manchester's elite schools nd learn soccer skills at the same time.
On the territory of Manchester is the largest university with the same name, which annually occupies a high position in the ranking of the best universities in Europe. Studying at Manchester High School, a graduate will be able to enter the best universities in Britain and other countries of the world.
Reasons for studying in Manchester schools for international students aged 14 - 17
- British education is characterized by the highest level of quality of educational services and prestige - after graduation, graduates freely become students of ranked universities in Britain and other countries of the world.
- For centuries the British tradition of boarding schools has developed - for international teenagers the necessary conditions for comfortable learning and living have been created.
- When developing educational programs, the needs, goals and interests of foreign children and teenagers are taken into account.
- Passing the language programs allows international students of 13, 14, and 15 years old to quickly adapt to a new linguistic and cultural environment; there are no problems with developing academic material in English.
- In addition to learning academic subjects, students acquire the necessary skills in etiquette. Professional teachers assist in adapting the foreign teenagers to their new language environment, at the same time monitoring their emotional state and health.
- If you compare with other European countries, the cost of education in Manchester is lower.
- An internationally friendly atmosphere has been created within the walls of Manchester's elite schools.
What is important to know about the educational programs of schools in Manchester?
The GCSEs, which are the equivalent of the other matriculation certificates, are compulsory. At the age of 16, a certificate is issued to a student who has passed the examinations. In order to complete secondary school in Manchester and receive a certificate, it is necessary to pass exams in 8-12 disciplines.
Availability of GCSE certificate does not entitle the student to become a student of a British university - in order to enter the university he/she must pass a level of educational program, which lasts for 2 years. Within the framework of this program, specialized disciplines are taught, the knowledge of which is necessary for successful admission to a leading university in the UK and other countries of the world. As part of the competition, the admissions committee takes into account the A-Level certificate .
The procedure for choosing a school in Manchester for international teenagers aged 14 - 16
International teenagers are offered the widest list of schools that operate successfully in Manchester. It is recommended that you begin choosing a school at least 2 years before you plan to start, which is enough time to make a good, informed choice of school and get effective academic preparation.
Listed below are factors to consider when choosing a school in Manchester:
- International and national rankings
- Geographic location
- Form of education - separate or coeducational
- Religion - some schools provide mandatory religious education
- Possibility of a language adaptation course for foreign teenagers
- Specialization of the educational program
- Intensity and variety of recreation options
- School discipline - some schools are strict, others are more relaxed
- The cost of education - including accommodation per year, the price ranges from 20 to 40 thousand pounds.
Top 4 best schools in Manchester
- Abbey College Manchester - teenagers aged 14 and over
- Edukick Manchester Football Academy - teenagers from the age of 14 are welcome
- Manchester Secondary School for Girls.
- St Bede's College .
The procedure for admission to Manchester's ranking of schools for international pupils aged 11 - 15 years
- The package of required documents includes:
- School report card for the last 2-3 years of schooling
- Letters of recommendation from teachers
- Diplomas for high performance in sports and creative and other areas.
- Entrance examinations in academic subjects are provided for admission to elite schools in Manchester.
To confirm a good level of English it will be enough to provide an international language certificate - if you do not know enough, you can take a specialized language course. In addition, the interview is conducted with a foreign teenager in a face-to-face meeting or via Skype.