Bellerbys College London
Description of Bellerbys College London
Year of foundation: 1959
Age of students: 13-18 years
Type of education: joint
Number of students: more than 500, 100% are foreign students
Programs: A-level, University Foundation, GCSE, Pre-GCSE, 1 year Bachelor of Business Management, Pre-masters
Accommodation: residence, host family
Price: from 7370 GBP per term without residency
Ranking: the largest school of the Bellerbys network, part of the TOP-30 private schools in Britain
Bellerbys College London is located in the central area of London Greenwich. The area is known for its historical past, attracts attention to the perfectly preserved ancient architecture, the abundance of park areas, first-class assortment of entertainment. During their stay in Bellerbys College London, foreign students will be able not only to effectively adapt to the British educational environment, but also to get acquainted with English culture, slowly look at the main sights of the country's capital. From Greenwich the foreign student can easily reach the famous Buckingham Palace, the picturesque Trafalgar Square, the London Eye.
The college was specially created for studying of foreign students. It is famous for specially developed programs of preparation for the university, it is famous for its high level of academic preparation. The knowledge gained here allows graduates to continue to receive European education in the most prestigious universities in the UK. More than a third of students choose Oxbridge. Many of them enter prestigious universities of Brighton and Canterbury. A certain number of graduates continue their studies at universities in other European countries.
The curriculum is structured in such a way that students have enough time to spend their leisure time. At the same time, the intensity of studying at Bellerbys College London is quite high.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Bellerbys College London
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students can get accommodation in a host family and residence. Host families provide children with comfortable living conditions. The advantage of this accommodation is quick adaptation to life in Britain.
In the residence, students are accommodated in apartments for 1-2 people. The rooms are equipped with everything you need: furniture, plumbing, etc. In residences, students are under 24-hour supervision. In the case there is always a tutor, ready to answer all the questions of the child, to help solve every problem.
The food is organized according to the principle of full boarding. In residences, children eat in the college 3 times a day. In the family they get breakfast and dinner. Students eat in the comfortable dining room in the college.
Subjects and sports
Subject list: Foundation Course, Science & Pharmacy (Cambridge), Accounting, business, Business and management, Certificate, English Language Preparation (Brighton), Certificate, English Language Preparation (Cambridge), Certificate, English Language Preparation (London), computer programming, computer techologies, design, economics, engineering, English Language Preparation (Oxford), finance, Foundation Course, Art and Design (Brighton), Foundation Course, Art and Design (Oxford), Foundation Course, Business with Law (London), Foundation Course, Business with Marketing (London), Foundation Course, Business, Finance and Management (Brighton), Foundation Course, Business, Finance and Management (Cambridge), Foundation Course, Business, Finance and Management (London), Foundation Course, Business, Finance and Management (Oxford), Foundation Course, Chemical Engineering (Brighton), Foundation Course, Chemical Engineering (Cambridge), Foundation Course, Humanities (Brighton), Foundation Course, Humanities (Oxford), Foundation Course, Law (Brighton), Foundation Course, Law (London), Foundation Course, Media (Brighton), Foundation Course, Media (Oxford), Foundation Course, Science and Pharmacy (Brighton), Information Technology, jurisprudence, law, Management, marketing, maths, media sources, philosophy, physics, politics, Psychology
Activity list: badminton, basketball, Cyclotourism, dance club, Debating circle, Excursion to london, fitness, football, gym, gymnastics, London Ferris Wheel, Scientific research group, Squash, swimming, talent show, Weightlifting, yoga
- Studying in the Bellerbys College is a great way to get a high-quality fundamental European education.
- At Bellerbys College London, experienced supervisors work with students. Their responsibilities include helping to choose a university and a direction that corresponds to the academic level, ambitions and goals of the child.
- High standards of education. The teaching staff of the college is represented by best teachers in the UK. 56% of them have PhD and Masters degrees.
- Technological preparation. In the college, the most modern technologies are used in the studying process. Students have 24-hour access to educational materials through multimedia technologies.
- Comprehensive support for international students. There is a department where foreign students always can get help. Students can consult at any time on every household, educational, other matter.
- Sports. The college pays much attention to the physical development of students. For this purpose, the educational institution has all necessary resources.
Facilities and equipment at Bellerbys College London
All college classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards. New equipment for comfortable work of students is installed in a computer classroom, library. A cozy cafeteria for 120 people is available for having rest. The sports halls and college grounds are excellently equipped. Sections of creative orientation also have the necessary equipment for studying.
Admission dates and extra charges
At the Bellerbys College London, students begin the academic year on September 10th. The first term of the course ends on December 12th. Winter holidays take place on December 13 and run until January 4. On January 5, students go to school and study until March 27. After that there are holidays from March 28 to April 13. Students start their studies from April 13 and finish the academic year on June 12.
Additional payments should include a deposit that confirms the student's place in the college. There is an additional deposit in the amount of the cost of study for one trimester and a fee for entering the college. Supervising is also carried out by the college in a separate item of expenditure. Students with a low level of language will need to pay for the EFL course.
- One way transfer - Heathrow 140 GBP
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 235 GBP
- Study materials 100 GBP
- Medical insurance 416 GBP
- Deposit for a course/programme 1500 GBP
- One way transfer - Gatwick 170 GBP
- One way transfer - Stansted 190 GBP
- One way transfer - Luton 225 GBP
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Bellerbys College London
My mom's colleague advised us Bellerbys College London. We thought about education in England, too, but it was late in the day, and I finished school. However, for me there were programs - well, we'll see in a few months, can I also easily pass through?
Again, Smapse was also consulted on the advice - if your personal friends were all happy, you trust this more than any feedback on the Internet. In the company, we were offered to pick up the school, and the course was chosen. In the end, I'm studying Foundation program - it's something like class 12 for those who have finished school and want to "tighten up" before admission. For the most part, we study English - it's necessary to know it perfectly to enter the institution which I strive for.
I like that classes are always conducted in different ways, rather than one and the same pattern, constantly some new notions and tasks. Again - we also study colloquial English (to speak quickly and not to pick up words for half an hour, correctly pronounce the words, so that the accent is heard less. This is more for study, to correctly conduct any presentations, reports, reports, speak in class, write course papers, etc. The type of our clerical, official-business language, is only more viable.
They tell a lot about different universities: where are the good directions, which faculties are strong, how to enter and fill out the documents, how long to wait for an answer, etc. A lot of useful information, objectively: I see that many guys (girls especially who like to fidget) calm down, become more confident. When you go after school you do not understand where, but on a clear path, which you have chewed three hundred times, it really cheers, you feel more comfortable, at ease.
Everyone who has a financial opportunity, strong nerves and a smart head, I advise! This is a completely new experience!
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.