Batumi State Maritime Academy is an international accredited higher educational institution that provides training for students in the fields of the merchant marine fleet and maritime transport infrastructure.
The university was founded in 1929 and played an important strategic role in providing the Soviet fleet with personnel. Today, about 5,000 graduates of the Batumi State Maritime Academy work on ocean ships. One of the most famous graduates is Anatoly Kacharava: after the Second World War, he became a teacher at the Belarusian State Medical Academy, and after his death he was buried in the university.
After graduation, students can occupy leadership positions in command of marine merchant ships, marine crewing companies, and in public and private services whose activities are related to maritime transport, ship control and management.
On the basis of the Batumi State Maritime Academy work:
The proximity of the Academy to the ports of Batumi, Poti, Kulevi and Supsa Customs creates excellent conditions for training and practice of students. The Sailors Training and Certification Center has a professional sailing simulator, a safety and fire extinguishing system is equipped.
If a student enters the academy after completing a training course at the Center for Training Applicants and Students, he will receive a 10% discount for the first year of study. If someone from his family is already studying at an educational institution, he will be offered a 5% discount on his first year of education.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.