The university was founded in 1919 by the Cairo American Mission with funds from the Presbyterian Association of North America. The main goal is the modernization of educational institutions in Egypt and the cultural enrichment of the country. From the first days of work, the university accepted only male students, women were given permission to study in 1928. At the American University in Cairo, a publishing house was opened in 1960, which still works today, producing 80-100 books a year.
American University in Cairo offers over 60 American study programs, including graduate and undergraduate programs, as well as a continuing education department. The institution is accredited by the United States Higher Education Commission for Quality Assurance and Education Assessment.
The main campus of American University in Cairo is located in the center of Cairo on Tahrir Square. The Greek campus, consisting of five buildings, is located near the metro stop and the train station. To ensure that campuses fit into the historical look of the city, the best architects and designers worked on their creation.
On the basis of the educational institution work:
Greek campus is the university’s technology center. All conditions have been created here (modern equipment, computers, laboratories, etc.) for effective and uninterrupted research work, design, and technical developments.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.