- Year of study in Amsterdam for foreign students: bachelor and master
- Tuition at the school in Amsterdam for foreign students
- Amsterdam Year of English for Foreign Students
- Studying after classes 9,10,11 in Amsterdam: opportunities and prices
- Examples of educational institutions in Amsterdam
Amsterdam's educational institutions are consistently included in world rankings, and the education system of the Netherlands ranked 9th in the world according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. The year of study in Amsterdam will be an excellent choice for students seeking to find quality study options at affordable prices: the cost of studying in schools and universities of Amsterdam is much lower compared to European countries, which is one of the main advantages for foreign students.
Amsterdam - the capital of the Netherlands - is included in the TOP-50 of the most visited cities: this is one of the most popular holiday destinations due to hospitable locals and a special atmosphere. It is a city with a high standard of living, with high ranks of comfort and wealth. This is one of the first countries to launch a higher education in full English, and today about two thousand innovative programs are open here. Dutch schools and universities take pride in their special Dutch teaching style. Activation of creativity and critical thinking are the main tasks that teachers set for themselves. A special atmosphere arises in the lectures, students get involved in discussions and become active participants in the classes, and thereby the learning process turns into an interesting exchange of views and experiences.
Year of study in Amsterdam for foreign students: bachelor and master
Studying at universities is positioned as paid for both local residents and foreign students. The price range is 6,000 - 20,000 €, but local residents and people from the European Union will pay a lower amount than other foreign students. The state sets the fee for the former (in 2018 it amounts to 2,060 € per year), while universities themselves set prices for foreign students, depending on the demand for the specialty and the prestige of the university. Usually, the cost of education does not take into account the costs of educational materials, uniforms, electives, and internships - the amount of additional costs can vary from 500 to 2,000 € per year.
- Undergraduate - the first stage of higher education, which lasts 3 years. Students from abroad often choose Amsterdam to study due to the opportunity to study in English; in addition, programs are opened here for the most innovative specialties, which attracts young people from all over the world.
- Master's program is one of the most popular areas among foreign students due to the opportunity to study in English and the chance of good employment in a country with a developed economy. A research master's program can last from 1 year to 3 years, a year of study in the humanities, social sciences and economics, and in order to obtain a master's degree in technical specialties and basic sciences, it will take two years of study. 3-year programs are designed for representatives of medicine, dentistry, pharmaceuticals and veterinary medicine. For admission to the magistracy for foreign students, an official translation of a bachelor's diploma is sufficient.
Tuition at the school in Amsterdam for foreign students
“Happy learning” is a definition often applied to the Dutch educational system. The Netherlands is one of the most progressive and creative countries in which maximum attention is paid to students. Starting from kindergarten, the optimal conditions are created in institutions for students to feel comfortable and not to experience stress. The spirit of competition is uncharacteristic, as is the desire for excellent marks: average rankings are considered the norm, higher and lower rankings are rarely given.
Among foreign students, Dutch private schools are popular, in which there are many advantages for foreign students and, in general, the level of preparation of students is much higher. Many private boarding schools in the Netherlands offer to study according to the British educational model.
Netherlands summer language camps offer short-term programs for students. During the summer holidays, children can have fun with benefit, and immersion in the language environment will significantly improve their knowledge.
Amsterdam Year of English for Foreign Students
Amsterdam's linguistic centers are a great choice for those looking for a language school in Europe. Due to the fact that the Dutch are fluent in English, there will be no problems with language practice! Dutch is one of the closest to English (especially in grammar and pronunciation), but despite this, it is not the Dutch who teach at the language schools, but the native speakers. Outreach activities that will allow you to immerse yourself in the local cultural environment are usually included in the price of the courses. Effective and long-term courses that last about three months, two to three days of classes per week. The cost of studying in Dutch language schools starts from a 1,000 €.
Studying after classes 9,10,11 in Amsterdam: opportunities and prices
Despite the fact that most educational institutions accept graduates of schools with an officially translated diploma, many foreign students choose preparatory courses in the Netherlands. Academic or linguistic areas are focused on further university studies and will greatly facilitate the life of a foreign student in the first semesters. One of the most popular programs is the International Foundation (from 4,000 €).
Examples of educational institutions in Amsterdam
- University of Amsterdam is an institution of higher education in Amsterdam that seeks to develop and nurture creative individuals with critical thinking who are ready to innovate and orient themselves in the business environment. The university is proud of its established cooperation with European colleagues. The bachelor's program will cost at least 3,000 €.
- Holland International School Study Center is a Dutch international educational center that specializes in preparing foreign students to enter Dutch universities. It is proposed to take the International Foundation Year course in the specialties of management, business, science and technology. At the end of the direction, foreign applicants can be enrolled in one of eight partner universities. Cost: from 5,000 €.