Winchester College Summer Camp
Description of Winchester College Summer Camp
- Year of establishment: 2002;
- Location: Winchester, England;
- Age of students: from 14 to 17 years;
- Type of program: mixed;
- Accommodation type: residence, full board;
- English language.
Winchester College Summer is a summer language school that takes place in the southwestern part of England. The school is organized by an educational network of international centers, founded in 2002.
The language camp at Winchester College is just one of the six points where summer camps for students take place. The network is popular, known for its comfortable living conditions and high quality of the services offered, therefore it gathers students from more than 60 countries of the world in its branches every year. Professional teachers work with students to help young students not only improve their language skills, but also reveal their other talents. The ratio of teachers and students is 1: 5.
Winchester College is an old English boarding school founded in 1382. The campus is located in the eponymous British city in Hampshire. This is one of the most famous colleges in Britain, following the example of which world-famous educational institutions such as Eton and King's College were created.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Winchester College Summer Camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
During their stay at Winchester College Summer, international students live in a student hostel on campus. School residences are so colorful that the real atmosphere of a traditional English boarding school reigns here.
For accommodation offers bright comfortable rooms from 2 to 8 people. Amenities are on the floor. Boys and girls live in different buildings.
Winchester College Summer students eat in full-board format: for breakfast, lunch and dinner, pupils of the summer school receive a healthy and balanced menu consisting of British or international dishes.
Activities Winchester College Summer Camp
In their free time, students organize a leisure program, where students can practice the following sports or creative activities:
In the evenings, entertainment events are held for young students:
- Students casino;
- Talent show;
- The game "Expand the murder";
- Watching films;
- Evening city walks;
- Interactive workshops on English etiquette and British culture;
- Team building;
- Games for developing responsibility and leadership skills.
As part of the summer educational program for students, excursions are also organized (2 times a week) on the most interesting places and sights of England:
- Castles, galleries, art exhibitions, museums;
- Day trips with visits to London, Bath, Oxford, Stonehenge.
Facilities and equipment at Winchester College Summer Camp
Winchester School is located in the historical center of the city of the same name, where a calm and safe atmosphere prevails. One of the main tourist points of the city, Winchester Cathedral, is located within walking distance from the school.
The campus itself is an exceptional architectural ensemble that harmoniously combines old buildings created over 600 years ago, as well as several buildings decorated in a modern style.
The boarding school at Winchester College is perfectly equipped, which allows its students to spend time on campus comfortably and productively:
- Sports Complex;
- 25 meter pool;
- Tennis courts;
- Squash field;
- Football field;
- Computer center;
- Concert Hall;
- School of Music;
- Science school;
- Art school.
The whole school area is under round-the-clock security, and school staff are always ready to help students if necessary.
Admission dates and extra charges
Summer language program organizes from July 15 to August 5. The duration of the camp is from 1 to 3 weeks.
Periods of the educational course:
- Week 1: July 15 - 22, July 29 - August 5;
- 2 weeks: July 15 - 29, July 22 - August 5;
- 3 weeks: July 15 - August 5.
Tuition fee includes:
- Academic studies;
- Educational materials;
- Certificate of passage of the program;
- Extra-curriculum (tours);
- Daily sports or cultural events;
- Full Board Meals;
- Group transfer.
- Visa application;
- Medical insurance;
- Air tickets in both directions.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The conditions for entering the summer school for foreign students from 14 to 17 are the following: English at a level not lower than B2 and up to Advanced C1 and C2. On the day of arrival, each student undergoes the procedure for determining the starting language level.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Winchester College Summer Camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.