William Academy Private School
Description of William Academy Private School
- Year of foundation: 1901;
- Location: Toronto, Canada;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Number of students: 1000 people;
- Age of students: 9-18 years;
- Type of education: private co-educational school.
Private school William Academy Toronto has extensive experience working with students from around the world, educates confident and interested students, providing them with the tools for a successful study and future career. The Academy offers a wide range of classes for students from grade 5 to grade 12, including university preparatory courses, art and sports programs, and advanced placement courses. An educational institution adheres to the principle that every student has the potential to prosper if he is provided with the right support and open opportunities.
Originally a public school established in 1901, the William Academy was part of the city of Toronto. For more than a century of history, it has earned an excellent reputation for its innovative approach to learning.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in William Academy Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
William Academy International private school in Canada provides a full package of accommodation services for students: accommodation in residences, rented houses, apartments, families:
- Student residence - this type of accommodation is ideal for first-year students of William Academy. The hostel has single, double beds, the rooms have everything you need for a comfortable stay;
- Renting a house, an apartment is suitable for students who like to rent a house with several roommates or housemates. The school provides detailed information about renting a house, apartment through a school bulletin or newspaper. All types of rental housing are equipped with a refrigerator, stove. The rent includes gas, electricity, students pay for the first, last month rent as a deposit;
- Homestay accommodation is popular among academy students due to the careful selection of program participants for living at home. All families must meet the following requirements in order to be selected by the William International Academy:
- Household income must meet certain requirements;
- The living space should be bright, spacious, the house should be in a safe place;
- All family members should be healthy active members of the local community;
- Adult family members must have a minimum bachelor's degree, not have a criminal record;
- All family members should be friendly, attentive, have experience taking care of children, adolescents.
Activities William Academy Private School
William Academy helps students develop creativity and leadership skills by offering extracurricular activities - work in student councils, clubs, student newspapers, summer and winter camps, excursions to universities, a number of sports opportunities. These activities increase students' confidence in overcoming any problems they may encounter in the future, and help develop teamwork and leadership skills. William Academy pays great attention to academic performance, the development of practical abilities of students, logical, strategic thinking, independence.
The leadership program is designed to develop the leadership spirit of each student; students develop teamwork, critical thinking, and time management skills.
The community service program gives students the opportunity to work in a local community center: they work out mandatory volunteer program hours, meet with various representatives of the local community, and gain valuable work experience.
Interest clubs are organized, managed by students under the supervision of a teacher. The school offers to take part in the work of self-discovery clubs, team building, sports clubs (badminton, table tennis, football). Sports communities hold events, organize training programs. Students can join any of these communities, improve their physical, emotional health, feel the team spirit, find people who share their interests.
Students take part in excursions, outdoor activities, planned trips to Ottawa, to Niagara Falls and other tourist facilities in the region.
- Courses offered by the private school of William Academy, developed in accordance with the basic principles of the Ministry of Education of Ontario. The school diploma gives students access to the best Canadian universities. William Academy is proud of high-quality education, welcomes representatives of all cultures, provides them with valuable educational, communicative experience. The goal of William Academy is to help students realize their dreams of entering a prestigious university, to ensure their future career success. The percentage of admission of graduates of the Academy by leading universities, colleges in North America exceeds 96%.
- Certified teachers at William Academy are well acquainted with Canadian university programs and have considerable experience working with foreign students. The programs combine modern Western studies, practical tasks, allowing students the opportunity to link their personal, cultural experience, and the content of educational courses.
- Small classes give teachers, students more opportunities to exchange ideas, frequent meaningful discussion of the educational process of each student. The difficulties of studying certain subject areas are determined at an early stage, necessary adjustments are made, the curriculum is adapted to the needs of students.
- boarding schools in Ontario provide a safe learning and living environment thanks to a policy of tolerance and friendliness. Studying here has several advantages:
- It is the seat of prestigious universities offering highly competitive education, wide employment prospects;
- Students have access to well-developed social, medical systems, the city and its surroundings - a safe living environment;
- Toronto has an open immigration policy, students are allowed to apply for a work visa during their studies;
- You can find this school in ranking of schools in Ontario;
- After graduation, students with local work experience from 1 year can apply for Canadian citizenship.
Facilities and equipment at William Academy Private School
William Academy has two university campuses: one is located on Victoria Park Ave, easily accessible by public transport, the other is in Coburg, a small town 95 km south of Toronto. The total training area is 86,000 square feet.
Academy infrastructure are:
- Three indoor sports halls;
- Science lab;
- Dance studio;
- Music Hall.
The school can accommodate 1000 students, it has a comfortable dining room, a hostel on campus. Thanks to a unique multicultural learning atmosphere, William Academy attracts local, foreign students, provides local residents, foreign students with a platform for communication, exchange of ideas, learning from each other.
- Cobourg campus
William Academy Cobourg is located 300 meters from one of the most beautiful beach areas of Ontario. Coburg is a great place for international students to learn about Canadian culture. A variety of sports, cultural activities increase the level of English language skills, school staff help children integrate into the school community, the local cultural environment.
- Scarborough Campus
Scarborough is a district in the eastern part of the city of Toronto. Studying here provides unique opportunities for exploring the local culture. Toronto is a safe, diverse city with over 100 languages, dialects spoken by its inhabitants. This is the financial center of Canada, the third largest city in North America, the largest employment center in Canada. High employment in the field of production, services gives students the opportunity to get a job in the summer or after graduation. Ontario shows the highest employment rates among graduates in Canada in the last two years.
Admission dates and extra charges
Tuition fee depends on the chosen program.
Some services are paid additionally to tuition fee:
- Registration fee;
- Medical insurance;
- One-time fee;
- School fees;
- Guardianship fees;
- The program on art, athletics.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 300 CAD
- Medical insurance 600 CAD
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The decision on admission is made on the basis of the academic success of the student.
The application form must be completed, signed by the student, parents, foreign students submit it in advance, 9-10 months before the start of the school year selected to start studying.
Students provide the following documents:
- Reports on school performance over the past two years in English (notarized translation);
- Copy of the passport;
- Documents of legal guardian (if age less than 18 years);
- Medical card;
- A check or other evidence of payment of the registration fee.
Scholarships William Academy Private School
William Academy aims to support the success of its students. Each year, the school offers 30 scholarships to students who demonstrate academic achievement and leadership skills.
William's Principal Scholarships for International Student is annually awarded to 30 foreign students enrolled in the 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade, whose first language is not English. The scholarships depend on the level of english.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about William Academy Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.