The Covid-19 epidemic provoked changes in all areas of life: study, work, travel, leisure, and life. All relations have changed not only the format, but also the content. Much of what was in demand before the spread of coronavirus has faded into the background: we no longer hold retreats and educational seminars, don't celebrate graduations and watch movies in movie theaters, don't root for the football team at the stadium and don't plan vacations on the beaches of the Mediterranean this summer.
All this led to global changes in the economy, and after that in the labor market. There is no doubt that this is a very serious restructuring, and the next task is to understand how to survive in the "new" world, what professions to choose, who to go to study and what skills will be in demand by the new reality.
What skills will be in demand?
The conditions of uncertainty make you wonder: what we can do, how to apply it in the new conditions? Is it necessary to switch to freelance, or are we all replaced by robots? It doesn’t matter whether you are a manager or an ordinary employee: today every company feels like a startup, and a specialist is an intern.
Due to the closure of small companies, a reduction in tourism, restaurant and hotel services, the number of jobs after coronavirus is reduced. Recruiters choose among a large number of applicants, so it makes sense to expand the range of skills, to strengthen competitive advantages. The most popular skills after Covid-19 are working with digital products. The business has become digital, projects planned for the years ahead (opening an online store, delivery, launching its own application) are now deployed in a few weeks to meet growing needs and change the format of work. Job seekers who quickly learn digital technology, the heroes of HubSpot, Zoom fairies and the geniuses of holding meetings on Skype feel more confident at interviews.
Some of the existing professions will become more popular, some will change, some will disappear altogether, but in their place completely new types of work will appear that will be in demand in the world after Covid-19:
- Cloud Computing Specialist. The cloud will be the primary location for every organization, and there will be an exponential increase in cloud computing as it is available, easy to use, and easy to scale. Each industry can transfer the majority of corporate applications to the cloud: this will simplify monitoring of resource consumption, will allow it to go beyond the basic infrastructure, cover all aspects of the organizational process, including sales and marketing.
- Content manager. All major networks and studios will launch their streaming services “directly to the consumer”, content libraries, galleries that attract customers. Content will cover the full range of videos, music and games, and with 5G support, this industry will grow. Subscription services will become more popular due to the opportunity to receive individual, targeted advertising opportunities, content without advertising.
- Doctor. Hospitals, medical equipment, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, medical tourism and telemedicine are preparing for a complete transformation. Those who plan to master a medical specialty will have to study digital healthcare - it will affect the entire pricing chain. Development will go along the path of solving the problems of access to doctors, licensing, creating vaccination databases, and creating a round-the-clock medical care system. New sought-after medical professions will appear, including a medical investigator. This is a medical analyst studying the causes of infection, the chain of transmission of infection, identifying all possible carriers. The specialist will need a medical education, knowledge of epidemiology. Outbreaks of epidemics occur regularly (the same coronavirus will make itself felt for a long time), so medical investigators will be in demand for a long time.
- Another popular medical specialty of the future is a vaccinologist, a specialist in vaccination. The number of trips around the world will decrease, perhaps we will travel less to work, but gradually, after overcoming the consequences of the economic crisis, people will again begin to intensively move around the world. And then, many will need vaccinologists - specialists who can analyze the patient’s health status, take into account chronic diseases, planned trips and draw up an individual vaccination plan. A new format of the traditional profession is an online doctor: a therapist working remotely, advising in instant messengers, via video link. Such a doctor will be needed by those who find themselves in another country and become ill during travel restrictions.
- Cyber security specialist - thanks to the digitalization of all industries, market participants will need to ensure the security and reliability of payment gateways, use the blockchain, application program interface (API), and other achievements to combat cases of cybercrime and financial fraud.
- E-Commerce Manager: Many new categories of products will go the way of e-commerce, making every product or service available online. Growth will be higher in emerging economies, increased Internet coverage and data transfer speeds. E-commerce will expand from B2C to B2B so that companies can buy goods and services for work.
- Internet education will cover all areas of education - from preschool to higher education, it will require the flexibility of programs, methods and approaches. The cost of education will become more affordable.
- Insurer. Insurance will become more popular: society will think more about health, natural disasters, epidemics, the need for an “airbag” in case of illness. People will begin to realize the social value of insurance.
- Logistics Manager - most industries and companies are built on the transport of goods, and the scale of transportation will expand. The development of the industry is associated with the introduction of high technology.
- Robot. The development of robotic equipment will move at a very fast pace. Progressive industries and organizations will test the implementation of robotics for public and personal needs, which will expand the scope of application - from safety using drones to manufacturing plants for precision operations and medical science to prevent risk.