University of Yamanashi
Description of University of Yamanashi
The University of Yamanashi ( 山 梨 大学 ) is a state-type higher educational institution that has been actively engaged in research and academic activities in Japan since the beginning of the distant 2002. The main building of the university is located in the city of Kofu.
This is a secondary institution of higher education, where about 6000 people take courses annually. The teaching staff of the university consists of about 1900 teachers of the highest category.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Yamanashi
We are talking about a Japanese higher education institution, year after year, easily proving its right to be one of the best in the country. Also, the university has not left the top positions in the list of the top universities in the world in recent years.
Facilities and equipment at University of Yamanashi
The higher educational institution provides students with excellent conditions: there is access to a large scientific library, you can live in a modern comfortable hostel. Also on campus students can find:
- Free sports facilities;
- Areas for recreation and active recreation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
A special admissions committee examine all applicants, which in its decision relies primarily on the results of exams passed by all applicants. Every year, both local residents and foreign students apply for places at the university. The competition for university admission is not so high. Up to three applicants simultaneously apply for one student place.
Like at most universities in Japan, academic year at Yamanashi University is divided into two semesters.
Each student can return part of the tuition fee by receiving a scholarship for good academic success.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Yamanashi
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.