University of Tasmania
Description of University of Tasmania
- Established: 1846
- Location: Hobart, Launsenston, Burnie, Tasmania, Australia
- Students age: 17+
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of studying: mixed.
The University of Tasmania is one of the oldest universities in Australia with a developed technical base and a scientific school. Environmental protection is one of the priority areas of the university; here they are actively looking for solutions to environmental protection problems. The most popular course of the university is environmental studies, as part of the studying, students study management, marine sciences and literature of Tasmania. The research institute deals with health problems, epidemiology, genetics. Traditionally, the programs of the humanitarian school, economics, law, history, journalism, history and pedagogy are considered to be strong.
- Arts, law and education
- Health and medicine
- Science and Engineering
- Business and Economics.
- QS World = 308
- QS National = 19th place
- THE WUR World = 351-400
- THE WUR National = 25th
- CWTS Leiden World = 320
- ERA National = 12.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Tasmania
Accommodation, meals, prices
Accommodation options while studying with prices per week:
- Renting an apartment with students
- Renting an apartment individually
- Accommodation on campus
- Host family.
Activities University of Tasmania
- Rock climbing
Facilities and equipment at University of Tasmania
The main campus of the university is located in Tasmania in the suburb of Sandy Bay. The campus offers scenic views of the river and cityscapes. The university is located close to transport, trade and entertainment infrastructure. The campus is 50 hectares of ennobled picturesque territory with equipment:
- Equipped educational buildings
- Computer center
- Sports grounds.
Admission dates and extra charges
Estimated costs of studying:
- Food and meals
- Phone and Internet
- Public transport
- Entertainment and recreation
- Educational materials.
Scholarships University of Tasmania
The university offers to international students a number of international scholarship programs:
- Tasmanian International Scholarship (TIS)
- International Family Alumni Bursary
- International Postgraduate Discount
- FSP to Degree Discount.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Tasmania
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.