University of Nevada – Las Vegas
Description of University of Nevada – Las Vegas
- Year of foundation: 1957
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Age of students: from 18 years.
- Number of students: 31,142
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: public university.
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas is a public research university located in paradise near Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. Since the first classes were held in 1957, the University of Nevada at Las Vegas has undergone a startling transformation from a dusty outpost on the southern outskirts of the city to a thriving urban research institution. Along the way, thanks to its innovative spirit of borders, UNLV keeps pace with one of the fastest growing and enterprising cities in the country.
One of UNLV's most valuable assets is its location. Many world-class resorts, the famous desert, tourist attractions of the Las Vegas Valley provide opportunities for adventure, enrichment, study.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Nevada – Las Vegas
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Office of Housing of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas provides services that maximize opportunities for communication, development, training of students living on campus, staff, teachers.
Advantages of living on the UNLV campus:
- Options for 2-3-bed rooms
- Wireless Internet
- Premium cable TV
- General, game halls
- Computer laboratory
- Conference hall
activity University of Nevada – Las Vegas
Student services include programs, opportunities focused on the student experience – housing, recreation, student union, organizations, office business services.
- Domestic sports
- Sports clubs
- Water Sports
- Adventures in the fresh air.
- The University of Nevada offers 80 professional courses, 43 undergraduate programs, more than 125 degree programs, its own schools of law, medicine, dentistry. The university is proud of the fact that its scientists rely on the local community, offer high-quality education.
- The university includes the Shadow Lane building, where the Medical Dental Department is located, the only one in Nevada. THE UNLV Faculty of Law is also the only such faculty in the state.
- The University of Nevada at Las Vegas is represented by sports teams in 17 different sports. The university's most famous sports program is men's basketball: the UNLV university team won the 1990 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship.
- The University of Nevada has unique ties to industry, technology, leaders of the Las Vegas Strip, in the surrounding areas. Known as the entertainment capital of the world, Las Vegas is one of the three leaders of the global hospitality industry, is one of the most visited tourist destinations. Located just minutes from UNLV, the Las Vegas Strip provides students with ideal practice environments not found anywhere else – from headlining in their own magic show, developing new slot machines to creating innovative costumes for Cirque du Soleil.
- Las Vegas has become a major eSports destination, so students and faculty have many opportunities – the esports lab was the first class any university of its kind can offer. The 8-bit esports team won the first ever Mountain West esports tournament. University researchers are studying the relationship between resorts, eSports, the Game Control Board.
Facilities and equipment at University of Nevada – Las Vegas
- UNLV is proud to partner with Barnes and Noble College, providing students with excellent service and competitive prices. The university's bookstore plays a direct role in supporting UNLV's strategic goals: increasing recruitment and academic achievement.
- The team at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas strives to attract students on campus, build relationships, earn loyalty. A bookstore that serves as the center of a university campus improves the social and academic experience.
- University libraries contribute, support students as they access and effectively use information for academic performance, research, lifelong learning. It is a welcoming, inclusive place to learn, promoting innovation, knowledge accumulation, discovery, academic achievement.
- The UNLV Information Technology Office (OIT) maintains 50 computer labs with approximately 1500 computers available for academic use. This semester, a limited number of laboratories with reduced hours are open for students who can use a computer, study or attend remote classes.
Admission dates and extra charges
- One-time fee for new students: $ 155 for bachelors, $ 35 - for masters.
- Masters are charged an additional fee for compulsory medical insurance: $ 1181 for the autumn semester, $ 1712 - for the spring.
- International students studying on an F1 visa will be charged an additional fee of $ 145 / semester + additional compulsory medical insurance.
Deadlines for submission of documents:
- Fall semester – June 1
- The spring semester is December 1.
For Master's degree:
- All application materials must be submitted by May 1 (fall semester) or October 1 (spring semester), unless the program you are applying for has an earlier deadline.
- Please note that the deadlines for applying for master's scholarships may be earlier.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Requirements for future bachelors
- Official Transcripts: High School Transcript (including all term papers and grades). A certified translation is required for any transcript written in a language other than English.
- Certified grade (course after course with an average score) by a NACES member organization is required for all college-level courses outside the United States.
- ACT/SAT test results are not required for international students. If you have taken any test, it is recommended that you provide official results.
- Confidential financial certificate (CFC), bank letter, copy of your valid passport.
- Hard copies of official transcripts, test results must be in a sealed envelope from the institution that conducted the exam, or the testing agency; can be mailed.
Requirements for admission to the magistracy
- College or University Transcript – Official transcripts from all colleges or universities that have previously attended where college-level credits were obtained (either during high school or after graduation).
- Bachelor's degree – a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited educational institution or an approved international equivalent.
- GPA – The minimum overall GPA should be 2.75 or at least 3.00 in the last two years (60 semester hours).
- Test results (e.g. GRE or GMAT), type of coursework done while studying undergraduate, letters of recommendation, sample letters or portfolios, and any other supporting documents.
- All candidates must provide a transcript from each institution of higher education they attended, indicating all degrees, term papers, award dates, and grades received.
Non-English documents must be accompanied by an English translation certified as a true university official, an official representative of a United States embassy or consulate, the United States Information Service, the U.S. Education Foundation, or an approved professional translation service. Notarized copies of originals or translations are not considered official.
Proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL IBT – 61.
- IELTS Academic – 6.0, no ratings below 5.5.
- PTE Academic – 44.
At the time of application, the test results must be less than two years old.
Scholarships University of Nevada – Las Vegas
Submit the results of the ACT or SAT if you want to receive scholarships for academic achievement at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Nevada – Las Vegas
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.