Description of Universitat Erfurt
- Established: 1389
- Location: Erfurt, Thuringia, Germany
- Language of instruction: German, English
- Number of students: 6000
- Type: state.
Erfurt University is famous for its rich history. It is one of the oldest higher educational institutions in Germany, it was opened in 1389 and closed in 1816. 180 years after the reunification of Germany, the university again opened its doors to students.
Training programs are focused on the development of professional skills, so they are concise and include only specialized subjects.
Erfurt University - alma mater of famous people such as:
- Martin Luther (founder of the Protestant Christian movement, author of the famous "95 theses")
- Ulrich von Gutten (Protestant theologian)
- John Gutenberg (German first printer)
- Christoph Wieland (poet)
- Karl-Friedrich Baldt (theologian, preacher, polemicist of the Enlightenment).
The educational institution offers training as part of the guest program: anyone can participate, regardless of age, citizenship, professional skills, level of knowledge - you just need to select your favorite lectures on the site and register. At the end, the student receives a certificate stating that in the guest mode he has mastered a certain course.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Universitat Erfurt
- Ranks leading in university rankings in Germany
- It has the potential and resources for research work
- An educational institution that has preserved its historical identity
- Double Degree Opportunity
- Employment in leading European enterprises
- Free tuition even for foreigners, only a semester fee is paid
- International relations and exchange programs for both students and teachers
- Comprehensive support for student initiatives
- Material assistance to needy students.
Facilities and equipment at Universitat Erfurt
The campus is located in the arms factory of the 30s of the last century. Educational tasks are achieved thanks to the modern material and technical base of the university.
The library of Erfurt University gained particular fame throughout Thuringia. Excursions are regularly held for schoolchildren, first-year students and all comers, during which you can get acquainted with the fund, storage and history of the library.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
A foreign applicant must provide:
- Certificate in the original language and its certified translation
- Studiencolleg Adequate Certificate
- Certificate of language proficiency in the selected program.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Universitat Erfurt
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.