Universidade dos Açores
Description of Universidade dos Açores
Universidade dos Açores (utterly UAç ) is an educational institution of the state type that has been active in scientific and academic activities since the beginning of the distant 1976 in Portugal. Now UAç has a small urban student campus in the city of Ponta Delgada.
Universidade dos Açores is a small educational institution, on the territory of which, in parallel, there is a course of training for about 5,000 people. The teaching staff of the university is about 500 teachers of the highest category. The university conducts active cooperation with various international universities in the field of student and teaching exchange. The university actively covers its activities in social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin ).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Universidade dos Açores
For the past few years, the university dos Açores has consistently been in the top 20 universities in the country. In addition, the university easily proves its right to be listed in the TOP 5 percent of the best of the best universities in the world.
Facilities and equipment at Universidade dos Açores
The infrastructure of the university implies the availability and access to a large library. The university offers students accommodation in a dormitory. There is also access to sports fields and halls for training and active recreation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to get into the number of students of this high you do not need to be a native of Portugal. The admission committee considers applications for admission to the university and makes decisions based on the results of entrance examinations and data on past academic performance. At the same time, as the statistics show, the main part of applicants in the university UAç successfully passes the procedure of enrollment to the university. The competition is about 90 places for 100 applications.
Cost of university entrance
Each academic year, the university traditionally divides into two semester of the classical size. Taking into account the simple fact that the institution belongs to the category of state, students can count on financial assistance from the university, provided high results in academic performance.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Universidade dos Açores
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.