Until recently, few people thought about getting an education in the UAE, but now everything has changed: the educational institutions of the Emirates are becoming increasingly popular among foreign students. If you want to get a modern, progressive education, which is quoted around the world, then SMAPSE experts suggest that you consider the nuances and conditions of admission to UAE schools.
TOP-5 most important nuances for admission to schools in the UAE
Nuance No. 1: among a huge number of educational programs and schools, it is difficult to choose the right one. It is worth considering that in the UAE there is no one educational system: although the British system is the most popular, the curricula of other countries (France, USA, Germany, Italy) are often practiced in the schools of the Emirates.
Nuance No. 2: the age of students. UAE educational institutions are ready to accept students of different ages. Children over 11 years old can live on campus, which can not be said about the kids - they must live with guardians.
Nuance No. 3: competitive selection for schools in the UAE is due to the popularization of education among local residents, the increased interest of foreign students in obtaining education in the UAE. Certificates and diplomas of private schools in the UAE are recognized worldwide, therefore it is recommended to apply for admission in 1-2 years. The selection conditions may differ in different schools, but good academic performance and knowledge of English are mandatory requirements.
Nuance No. 4: English proficiency is one of the mandatory requirements, since most schools (especially international private ones) study in English.
Nuance No. 5: the cost of education in private schools in the UAE is not much different from prestigious schools in Europe or America and averages 50,000 $ / per year. You need to be prepared for the fact that many schools require an advance payment for all years of planned education. It is worth noting that life in the UAE is not cheap - students here spend an average of 2,000 $ per month on pocket expenses.
If this is your first time planning to study abroad, official representatives of foreign SMAPSE schools will advise and help you choose a school for free.
Using the example of the top school Repton school Dubai, consider the process of entering the UAE secondary school:
1. Repton boarding school is suitable for those who plan to study in the British system. The ultramodern equipment of the school and the rich infrastructure of the campus attracts active, comprehensively developed students from 47 countries.
2. Age of students - from 3 years old (full-time education). At full board, students study from 12 years old.
3. As part of the competitive selection, applicants will have to provide a set of documents:
- registration form
- school certificate with grades for the last year
- registration fee receipt (non-refundable) = 500 AED
- copy of passport or birth certificate.
High school students will have to pass the required tests:
- Assessment of cognitive abilities (CAT computer test; commission fee = 1,000 AED)
- Provide results of at least 6 IGCSE exams or equivalents - marks not lower than B are accepted (special attention is paid to marks in physics and mathematics)
- The final step in admission is an interview with a school representative.
4. Level of English: not lower than B1 (intermediate).
5. The cost for a year of study with accommodation and meals depends on the program and the term: varies from 37,100 $ to 46,150 $ + refundable deposit upon receipt of 30%. Additional costs include: airline tickets, visa, transfers, medical insurance, initial testing ( 150 $), registration fee.