Description of Tilburg University
- Established: 1927
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Tilburg, Netherlands
- Ranking: World 398
- Language of instruction: English, Dutch.
Universiteit van Tilburg (Tilburg University, TiU) was founded in 1927 in the Netherlands and is one of the best research universities in the country, occupying the thirteenth position in the national ranking. The university is a member of the European University Association (EUA) and the International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tilburg University
Activities Tilburg University
Tilburg University has the best sports center in the country, allowing students in their free time to engage in:
- rock climbing
- table and tennis
- tai chi
- yoga and others
- TiU graduates are in demand in the labor market
- Within a year after the completion of the undergraduate program, graduates are given free access to the labor market, permission to stay in the country to find work
- The university provides the opportunity to study on exchange abroad in many countries (France, Australia, Canada, etc.)
- Tilburg University ranked The Academic Ranking of World Universities by Subject Fields 2015 among the 75 best universities in the world
- The Keuzegids consumer guide's TiU economics program has been recognized as the best for three consecutive years.
Facilities and equipment at Tilburg University
The university infrastructure includes a library, computer and language centers.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university is divided into semesters and begins in September.
Accommodation in Tilburg costs from 640 € to 1381 € / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- certificate of secondary education + 1 year of academic education, knowledge of English IELTS 6.0, TOEFL 550 (bachelor's degree)
- diploma of higher education, GMAT / GRE General Test, IELTS 6.5-7.0, TOEFL 575-600 (master's program).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Tilburg University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.