Leiden University was founded by Prince William of Orange in 1575. Universiteit Leiden (Abbreviation of a higher education institution - LEI) is considered one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands. It is located not far from Amsterdam, in such cities as The Hague and Leiden. The status of this university is a general educational research institution. The institution is also a member of many influential organizations and associations, including LERU and Europaeum. LEI is part of the Coimbra Group, which unites the 39 oldest prestigious universities in Europe.
Information on the training program can be found on the official website of the school.
At the University of Leiden there are several strong areas that offer students promising programs with excellent teaching quality. Particular attention is paid to the following programs:
One of the most famous faculties of the university is considered archaeological. No less popular are: the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, anthropology, history and political science. Strong programs in general medicine and pharmacology offer students a medical faculty, which is famous for its excellent reputation in the scientific world.
LEI is known for its advanced development in various fields. Applied and fundamental research is conducted in such areas as medicine, cultural studies, political science and linguistics. In the scientific world, the works of the scientists of this institution, devoted to the development of political systems of the world, globalization and transformation of society, are regularly quoted. In the scientific community also pay attention to research in the field of medicine and biotechnology.
The central building of LEI is in Leiden and accommodates only the administration. There are no lecture halls. The building itself is very beautiful: a magnificent medieval building with brickwork and pointed windows. This university does not have a single campus, its buildings are scattered across two cities - Leiden and The Hague, which is absolutely normal for the Netherlands.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.