Vancouver Film School , one of the best profile high schools in the world (the best in Canada!) Announces the set for a one-year course "Basics of Fine Arts b design." This is an effective, balanced and modern training program that will introduce students to the latest technologies in graphics and visual media, will help them to reveal their talents and potential and apply for a prestigious, highly paid position.
Vancouver is considered to be one of the world's main centers for design, art and cinema, the heart of "North Hollywood", on a state-of-the-art campus of more than 4000 sq. M. you can easily be convinced of this: there is absolutely everything that can be needed for study and professional development. Students are in constant contact with the best teachers of the industry, famous specialist specialists of renowned lecturers, supervises the program of Shane Rees, whose professional connections will provide students with help and support in finding a place to work, internship, practice.
The course is designed for 1 academic year:
- The first half: the fundamentals of art, design, media, basic techniques and methods of work
- Work on a creative project (often group): design, cinematographic or animation (will be used as part of a personal portfolio).
Often this program is used as a start for the further courses of the Vancouver Film School - with such an effective preparation, students will quickly be able to master the prestigious, in-demand modern specialties:
- 3D animation and visual effects
- Screenwriter of cinema and television
- Classic Animation
- Sound design for visual media
- Digital Design
- Film production
- Make-up for movies and TV
- Game design and others.
Many VFS graduates have already built an excellent career in film and television, they have become popular and well-known specialists - we will name only a few names:
- Tyler Egeto, software developer (OPENROAD COMMUNICATIONS)
- Ganprit Sodhi, production manager (ZEE TV BC ROUNDUP)
- Matthew Turner, Senior Artist (BUNGIE)
- Antonio Alarcon Roman, the leading designer of interactive projects (TRIBAL DDB)
- Matt Dix, director and photographer (WALLOP FILM)
- Anthony Epp, script coordinator (CTV'S MOTIVE)
- Sky Reidiz, Production Manager (VFX MPC and PRIME TELEVISION NETWORK)
- Jessica Lee, producer (SYNDICATE SEVEN FILMS)
- Gary Sylvester, Graphic / UX-designer (NOISE DIGITAL)
- Samson Wong, the leading space designer (DIGITAL DOMAIN)
- Todd Smith, Strategy and Product Manager (DESIGNSTAMP).
Information for applicants:
- Duration: 1 year
- Beginning of studies: January, March, May, June, August, October (for exact dates, please contact your manager)
- More than 3 major events every year
- More than 4 major projects for each graduate
- Each student who graduated from the program receives a prestigious diploma ("Basics of Fine Arts and Design"), a personal portfolio with the best works + access to a unique VFS vacancy fair.