TEMPERA Learning Lab Vienna
Description of TEMPERA Learning Lab Vienna
- Year of foundation: 2018
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Age of students: 13-21
- Type of education: MYP and IBDP
- Number of students: 30
- Programs: MYP and IB support throughout the year, Holidays Intensive Camps, Exam Preparation, University Prep,
- Accommodation: n/a
- Tuition fees: from 350 €
TEMPERA IB Learning Lab is a private school in Vienna where students find the balance between mental (emotional) wellbeing and academic success.
It is a cozy and welcoming space for learning where we introduce students to efficient learning techniques, while working on school assignments. Each session is led by one of our experienced IB teachers who is available throughout, to guide students in all of their assignments, unblock them if they get stuck in the writing process, or figure out difficult concepts and tasks collaboratively.
Due to the unique Learning Smart Concept T.E.M.P.E.R.A being applied in all sessions, each student will be trained in important skills such as time-management, structuring learning material, essay writing, revision and preparation techniques, all while working on their own assignments.
Due to the double specialization of our staff (IB teachers and psychologists), sessions are based on psychological techniques that enhance concentration, memory, logical and critical thinking, but also coping with exam anxiety.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in TEMPERA Learning Lab Vienna
Activities TEMPERA Learning Lab Vienna
Each month, students are offered additional activities dedicated to preparing for IB: they will help to take a break from the main course (held more informally), expand their horizons and learn more about their favorite directions and subjects. Event options:
- Historical excursion
- Business & Management
- Academic Writing – MYP Level
- Pre-IB Summer School
- Complete IB preparation courses
- Mid-IB Summer School
- Mid-IB Summer Camp is for those who want to repeat and consolidate the learned material (Revision Camp).
We use at the core of our sessions the T.E.M.P.E.R.A Framework.
It is the only framework designed for IB students that integrates Self-Regulated Learning and Metacognition. T.E.M.P.E.R.A Framework crafts mastery in time management and efficient learning.
Everything while working on your current assignments!
Immediate results with T.E.M.P.E.R.A.:
- Understanding and applying efficient learning and revision techniques while working on school assignments;
- Mastering planning and organisation of tasks so that procrastination is prevented, even when working at home;
- NO more missed deadlines;
- Increased self-confidence;
- Ownership of work.
T.E.M.P.E.R.A. creates successful independent learners!
Admission dates and extra charges
Students arrive at the lab by 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. The session starts at 15:30 and lasts 3 hours (until 18:30). On Saturdays, sessions are held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. / from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. — the student can choose the one that is convenient for himself.
Registration fee = 90€.
When enrolling, at the first meeting (about 1.5 hours), consultants will assess the level of academic performance of students, their needs, ability to self-organization - this will be how a personal curriculum will be developed. What is included in the monthly payment tempera:
- Study program (MYP or IB)
- Monitoring the implementation of tasks, deadlines
- Weekly employment planning
- Support in conducting research, preparation for exams
- Checking written assignments for plagiarism, academic borrowing
- Mock exams once a semester, reviews and recommendations after checking
- Discounts on any additional activities of the company, the opportunity to register among the first: seminars, lessons with tutors, summer schools
- Telephone/e-mail in between sessions (mentor support)
- Monthly report for parents.
The contract can be concluded for a month, for a semester (September-January) or for a full academic year (September-January).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about TEMPERA Learning Lab Vienna
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.