- Study and rest - children's language camps in Switzerland
- Training in language camps in Switzerland: conditions and schedule
- Tuition fees in language camps in Switzerland: rating, reviews, prices
Swiss language camps are an excellent option for vacations of foreign and Russian students. This is a country where you can learn not one but several foreign languages - English, French, German, Italian. For children, schoolchildren and teenagers, you can find a huge number of different options! In addition to the language, the summer camps in Switzerland differ in the thematic focus and are ready to offer their students different programs - linguistic, adventure, sports, vacation.
Study and rest - children's language camps in Switzerland
In Switzerland, as in many other European countries, summer language programs for children and young people are held on the basis of private boarding schools or colleges and universities . The teaching staff remains the same as during the whole year, therefore, educational services during the summer holidays meet the necessary standards. We will tell you about several Swiss language camps that are in demand among Russian and foreign students year after year, and also occupy a leading position in the lists of leading and top training centers:
- Aiglon College . The summer program on the basis of an elite Swiss school during the holidays invites children, schoolchildren and teenagers from 8 to 16 years of age to study. Platmare offers a beautiful campus with a magnificent view of the French Alps. For younger children a separate building is provided. The territory of the Eglon school is located in the picturesque town of Villars-sur-Ollon, an hour's drive from the Geneva airport. Within the framework of the curriculum, 15 academic lessons in English or French are provided each week. In the list of entertainment and leisure activities there are rock climbing, horse riding, basketball and other team games, vyurdsurfing and not only. In addition to sports, children can try their hand at creative directions - theater, music, dance or art.
- Brillantmont International School. Another summer camp for children with learning foreign languages on the basis of a prestigious educational institution in Switzerland. Here are accepted foreign students ages 10-17 years. The minimum duration of training is 2 weeks. The campus of the private Brillantmont school is located in the French-speaking part of the country, in Lausanne, from where you can reach the airport in Geneva in 40 minutes. The summer program includes 20 academic classes in English or French each week. Classes are held in training groups of 12 people.
- La Garenne International Summer Camp . Another bilingual international school offering English or French to students of the younger age group is from 5 to 13 years. Since some of the camp's students are still too young for independent living abroad, they are in the camp not in full board, but only in day school. As a rule, the smallest students come with their parents. But pupils of 10-13 years already live in the residence of the school with other students. The summer language curriculum includes 15 lessons each week. The camp is suitable for all: for children with zero language knowledge and for children with a more confident level.
- Swiss Language Club . A language school in Switzerland , located in an alpine village called Leysin. The training center trains children all year round, and during the summer holidays organizes training courses for foreign and Russian students from 10 to 16 years. The minimum duration of study in this camp is one week. Local teachers work with children in a flexible program, applying different methods of teaching + various additional materials (films, articles, etc.). The educational process takes place in small groups of 12 people. For lessons of foreign languages, each week is given for 20 hours, and the rest of the time the students of the summer camp join activists-each child can choose one of five extracurricular programs.
- TASIS American School in Switzerland . It is a branch of the American educational network based on the private Swiss school TASIS Switzerland. For study here it is offered not one, but three languages - English, French and Italian. The school management carefully monitors the observance of the international balance among the students, therefore the places are dismantled very quickly. The summer language camp accepts children of any age - from 7 to 18 years. For the convenience of all students are divided into groups according to age and level of knowledge of the chosen language: younger children choose from two, and high school students from three + thematic courses (art history, engineering, photography, painting). During the training, students of the summer camp in Switzerland live in a residence on the campus of an educational institution.
These are only some language schools and camps in Switzerland. A detailed list of the leading training centers for studying foreign languages in this country can be found on our website.
Training in language camps in Switzerland: conditions and schedule
The regime of the day in the Swiss camps is the same as everywhere: in the morning the guys are engaged in a foreign language, and in the afternoon - to the selected activiti or their hobby. The academic lessons are held from Monday to Friday, and on Saturday and Sunday the pupils take part in entertaining and cultural events organized by school personnel. This is necessarily a tour of Switzerland, as well as small interactive sessions, where children can communicate with each other and consolidate knowledge of the foreign language received in the classroom. It can be parties, talent shows, joint productions, concerts and so on.
In addition, each private school has an excellent infrastructure with everything necessary for comfortable living and learning: sports grounds, equipped with classrooms, cozy residences, a dining room that offers a balanced diet, wireless Internet throughout the territory and much more. In Switzerland, students have a wide choice of physical activity, so you do not have to miss the children and teenagers.
The training process itself takes place in small groups, according to which all students are distributed on the day of arrival. To do this, each student is tested for the level of knowledge of the chosen foreign language. After that, from the guys with similar skills, a group is formed. In order to minimize the likelihood of using native speech, we recommend that parents choose camps and schools where there are few Russian children. In this case, the learning process will be most effective and useful.
Tuition fees in language camps in Switzerland: rating, reviews, prices
The financial side of the issue depends on several factors, including the location of the language school, the duration of the training course, the type of activization chosen, the saturation of the leisure program and not only. The average price for one week of training in the Swiss language camp is between 1000 and 4000 Swiss francs of the best training centers. In addition, it is worth considering the registration of a study visa, insurance and purchase of air tickets in both directions. In the case of full-time education, you will also have to pay for living expenses.