Cyprus is well known for its sunny beaches and long summers, but it is also known as a republic with a developed education system that provides quality education. This Mediterranean island offers an amazing number of educational institutions, numerous degrees and programs.
Universities with the study of art, design, music offer international students the opportunity to explore creative, dynamic fields: classical, digital art, design, interior design, music - classical, modern, ecclesiastical. The study of art at universities in Cyprus has a strong studio aspect, integrated with the study of history, theory and technology. Students attend electives, including curatorial, educational classes, interdisciplinary studios, internships related to research projects in the field of art, design, music. Students develop creative skills, practical design skills, deepen their understanding of creative concepts, visual language systems. The program allows you to develop the ability to solve complex problems, as well as collect, analyze, interpret data, teaches to collaborate in multidisciplinary teams, experiment, adapt innovative, creative approaches to new art and design, demonstrating a critical understanding of modern theory, art practice, design. Students gain an understanding of ethical responsibility and the impact of their work on the social, cultural, environmental context.
After the successful completion of the programs, graduates of Cypriot universities continue their careers as practitioners of modern fine art, design, music, receive art education at all levels of education, work as art historians, art historians, curators, consultants in cultural services, art centers. Education in the field of art, design, music opens up opportunities for working in the film industry, publishing business, theater, television as professional photographers, graphic designers or coordinators and managers in museums, galleries, art festivals.
Upon completion of their studies, students can have direct access to further education in a master's degree in a wide range of creative, theoretical subjects.
Studying Art, Design and Music at Top Universities in Cyprus
The EUC, which received university accreditation in 2007, has built a solid reputation for the quality of teaching and the employability of its students: 78% of graduates find work related to their field of study within 6 months of graduation.
The Ariadne University platform is a modern, reliable psychometric tool for career guidance - it helps students to reveal their interests in education and work, to compare these interests with the relevant professions.
Known for its investment in innovation, research and commitment to industry and society, EUC offers a wide range of bachelor's, master's, doctoral degrees.
- The design programs at EUC builds key professional skills in the latest technologies that are transforming the visual landscape. Students will master the basics of art history, drawing, illustration, and apply long-established principles to the evolving aesthetics of computer art and electronic media. EUC premises mimic the capabilities of an advertising agency or production company to create a positive and productive experience and understanding for students in this rapidly changing and evolving field. Highly qualified teaching staff, Erasmus exchanges, competitions, festivals and conferences - all this gives students the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in learning. Internships allow students to work with graphic design, advertising and media production companies to gain experience prior to graduation.
- The EUC Bachelor of Music brings together those whose passion is music, whose ambition is to pursue a career in what they love. Students are exposed to the artistic, scientific aspects of music in areas such as conducting, composition, musicology, music therapy, music education with internationally recognized teachers. Teachers and students perform side by side, participating in major local, European, international musical collaborations in various genres - from jazz to classical, from rock to alternative.
- Music programs give students the knowledge, skills necessary for further education, teaching career in the context of solo, ensemble performance.
The University of Nicosia is the largest research university in southern Europe that teaches in English and offers a wide range of degree programs in the humanities, science, business, medicine, law, engineering, architecture.
- Young people study interior design in the award-winning Architecture building, work with advanced 3D printers, laser equipment.
- Art students have access to numerous museums, galleries on the island and see thousands of years of cultural development transform into works of art.
- Students studying graphic communications, applied multimedia can work on interface design, design, game development, animation, project management.
- For students studying graphic communication, courses are available in the studio for design, storyboarding, animation, 3D modeling and contemporary art.
- The Interior Design course provides students with a complete set of skills to prepare for a career in interior design. The course provides a solid foundation in key conceptual and technical aspects of spatial design, develops creative thinking, self-expression and the ability to learn independently.
Students study history, theory, technology, environment, visual communication, attend elective classes, receive a comprehensive academic base that contributes to personal, professional development.
- The MMus program aims to ensure the ability to thrive in today's professional environment, where musicians must have an exceptional background for both teachers and performers. In particular, the course improves and develops the standards of students' personal achievement, range of performing experiences, their effectiveness as educators, problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
University of Nicosia offers courses:
- Interior Design
- Sustainable architecture
- Design and multimedia
- Applied multimedia
- Graphic communication.