- Leading schools in Singapore for international students
- How much does the education in Singapore cost for foreign students?
- Secondary education for foreign teenagers
- What is important to know about Singapore's education system?
- Singapore High Schools for foreign students
- What is important to know when a foreign student enters leading schools in Singapore?
Leading schools in Singapore for international students
Singapore is considered one of the best student cities among all countries in the world, where innovations and traditions in the field of education are harmoniously combined. In the list of TOP-20 of the best universities in the world, 2 national universities occupy high positions.
Foreign students are offered a large list of diverse educational programs in English. On average, 80% of the local population is fluent in English, which will ensure that foreign teenagers are completely immersed in the linguistic and cultural environment.
Compared to elite educational institutions in the UK and the USA, the cost of studying in Singapore is much lower. A good level of English proficiency is highlighted as the main requirement for foreign adolescents at admission.
How much does the education in Singapore cost for foreign students?
Teaching is conducted according to educational programs of an international standard. Foreign students can study in both public and private schools, where the cost of education is higher, but in elite private institutions foreign adolescents are guaranteed modern technical and infrastructure equipment on campus, classes in small groups, where only experienced and professional teachers are involved.
International students should pay attention to the prestigious Singaporean international schools, within the walls of which there is a complete immersion in a multicultural environment, and teaching is conducted in English.
Secondary education for foreign teenagers
International teenagers are not able to immediately enter prestigious universities in Singapore due to differences in the stages of secondary education. Pupils undergo special academic studying after completing education at a boarding school and, if they successfully complete the international program, receive a prestigious certificate that allows them to enter top universities abroad. The cost of completing preparatory education programs starts at $ 4,000 per year.
What is important to know about Singapore's education system?
Educational system of Singapore:
- Preschool education
The educational programs of primary education are standardized, it is possible to visit sports sections, classes on aesthetic education.
Education in primary school is divided into 2 stages:
- The main one is classes 1 through 4
- Orientational - 5 and 6 classes.
When moving to grade 3, students learn natural science disciplines.
Singapore High Schools for foreign students
The beginning of the school year falls on January 1, it is divided into 4 quarters, each lasting 10 weeks. Within the walls of elite universities in Singapore, the academic year is divided into two semesters.
Prestigious secondary education in Singapore can be obtained at schools, technical schools, colleges. The duration of primary education is 6 years: mathematics, English and the mother tongue (this can be Chinese, Malay or Tamil), social studies, drawing, music are taught. At the end of the stage, an exam is taken and, if the students successfully pass the PSLE certificate, which is required to go to the next stage.
At the heart of the formation of educational groups in high school are the results of elementary education exams. In Singapore, you can study in one of the following areas:
- Special - the education lasts 4 years, the native language is taught, at the end of the education, students pass O-level exams;
- Technical course - attention is paid to the study of technical disciplines, at the end of the course an N-level exam is taken (4 years);
- Express course - at the basic level, English and native languages are taught, students receive O-level studying;
- Academic course - the duration of education is 5 years, the completion of studying is marked by passing the N-level exam;
- The integrated program is a professional course, the duration of which is 5-6 years, the study of 6-10 disciplines is provided. At the end of the program, graduates pass an A-level exam. The results of this exam are taken into account when entering universities abroad.
The Foundation program provides effective pre-university education.
Grade System at Singapore's Best High Schools
- A1 / A2 - excellent
- B3 / B4 - good
- C5 / C6 - standings
- D7 / D8 - Failure
- E8 / F9 - unsatisfactory.
What is important to know when a foreign student enters leading schools in Singapore?
Each school independently compiles a list of entrance tests, in many cases, the SAT test is provided . A prerequisite is the presence of a certificate of secondary education, an international language certificate ( IELTS (minimum score 6.0) or TOEFL (minimum 550)). In the absence of a language certificate, it is possible to complete education at a Singapore language school from 2 to 10 months. At the end of the language courses, students take a test, the results of which are counted upon admission to the university.