Schools in France for foreign students are the main advantages of advanced secondary education
Free tuition at a prestigious school in France is possible with a state scholarship or participation in a special program for foreign teenagers. The French government compensates half the cost of living for foreign children and adolescents - to receive a scholarship, you must prepare a package of documents:
- To enter the top high school in Paris, a 13-year-old foreign teenager must know French at a good level, sufficient for the perception of educational material and passing tests (it is possible to study in English). For admission, you will need to provide an international certificate in the selected language.
- Enrollment of a foreign teenager of 14-16 years old is possible without passing entrance exams, but an interview or a creative contest is almost always conducted.
Elite schools in France for international students
- elementary School
Children from 6 years old are accepted for education, and the stage of primary education in prestigious secondary schools in France at 11 years old is ending. The elementary school phase is mandatory. A study is being conducted at a basic level of the humanities, natural sciences and the exact sciences. In the case of successful education in primary school, students move to a French advanced high school.
- Stage of secondary education
Foreign students aged 12 to 15 years are accepted, the duration of studying is 4 years. In the first year of study, teaching is conducted according to a single educational program, two more years of study continues as part of a central (general) course. Based on the results of academic performance, a decision is made to switch to an in-depth educational program (after which you can enter the ranking universities of France) or to master a working specialization. The 4th year of study is devoted to taking an orientation course: at an advanced level, disciplines are being taught for a future specialty.
- Lyceums, high and secondary schools
Foreign teenagers from 15 to 18 years of age study here - this stage of school education is divided into several levels:
- Center for the studying of apprentices, professional lyceums of Paris - teaching is carried out in a certain specialization. Having a diploma of a prestigious lyceum on hand, a graduate can continue his/her studies at a French technical school or technological institute. Duration of study - 2 years.
- Technical school or technological institute - they are not assigned university status: the technical school is an additional stage of high school with pre-university education. Duration of study - 1 year.
- Technological and general lyceums - upon graduation, students are given a diploma of a qualified technician, and the level of education obtained corresponds to a bachelor. Duration of study - 2 years. With such a diploma, a foreign teenager can successfully become a student at a prestigious university in France.
Foreign students aged 14 to 15 years choose one of the possible areas of study:
Upon completion of education, students pass the state exam, and if it is done successful, they will be issued a certificate.
Foreign students aged 15 to 18, entering the elite lyceum of France, choose one of the interesting specializations:
- Literature and languages
- Economics and social sciences
- Natural Sciences.
How is the procedure for admission of foreigners students to the best secondary schools in France organized?
To successfully enroll in prestigious schools in France, a foreign teenager will need to get an official guardian - both for a private and a public school.
In addition, when enrolling in ranking schools in France, a motivation letter will be required, which indicates the reasons for choosing a particular institution. After sending the package of documents, you will need to pass a test in French and some disciplines - the list of subjects for delivery is determined by the profile of an elite lyceum in France. In case of successful completion of the program of complete secondary education (BAC certificate), the graduate freely enters the top universities in France.
How much does secondary education cost in ranking schools in France?
The cost of education throughout the year in an elite private boarding school in France varies from 22000 to 35000 €. The developed educational programs include, in addition to academic studies, additional lessons and various electives. Prestigious schools in France are distinguished by modern sports and entertainment infrastructure.