Studio Cambridge - Sir William Language Camp is a famous language camp in London. Summer courses for foreign students are held on the campus of one of prestigious universities of the city. Richmond the American International University offers full immersion in studying English abroad and student environment.
Sir William Camp is located in one of the most beautiful areas of the British capital. Richmond-on-Thames is considered aristocratic. For a long time it was chosen as a residence by royal people, rich Englishmen. Today, anyone can live and study here. Programs do not have national restrictions.
Brief Information. Program for those wishing to improve their English, get to know more closely with colorful London, gain experience of communication in the language environment.
About the course. Students of the camp independently choose the intensity of training. The course is available in two formats:
Standard (20 hours / week). Lessons are aimed at developing general language skills.
Intensive (28 hours / week). In addition to the standard course, lessons of intensive language practice (interactive classes) are offered.
Students age: 14 - 17 years.
Start dates: 14.06 - 16.08.
Requirements for enrollment: Level of English - A1 and higher.
Learning outcomes: development of colloquial speech, exceptional understanding of spoken English, improving knowledge of grammar, vocabulary.
Size Class: up to 12 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
Price (includes everything):
The camp offers accommodation in a residence on campus. Students live in 2-bed rooms. Single accommodation is available on request. Amenities in the residence are on floors. Food is a full board in the dining room of Richmond the American International University.
Extra-curricular program provides for 5 two-hour day activities per week (sports, creativity). It also includes nightly entertainment (quizzes, competitions, discos, barbecues, etc.). Twice a week students go on an excursion. As part of the excursion program, students can visit different areas of London, get acquainted with artifacts stored in the museums of the city. Also, there are trips to other tourist attractions: Canterbury, Leeds Castle, Richmond, Brighton, Cambridge University Centers and Oxford.
Lessons end at 12:45 or 15:30 depending on the academic load.
Camp's infrastructure is represented by 15 classrooms, a computer center, a Wi-Fi point, a creative studio, a sports center. Also on the territory there is a spacious playroom.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.