Stratford International Language Centre
Description of Stratford International Language Centre
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Year of foundation: 2011
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: mixed.
Stratford International Language Centre is a Certified Language Centre of the Ministry of Education (MOE) located in Kuala Lumpur.
The history of the institution began in 2011. Since then, the Stratford Centre has offered first-class educational services to both local and international students wishing to learn a new language or improve existing language skills.
Learning a new language is quite a difficult direction for many people in their studies, so Stratford strives to provide the best and most comfortable approach, a favorable environment for students. Students can be assured of the high qualification of the teaching staff, who will definitely make sure that you graduate from the program with a pleasant experience of learning the language and do not lose interest in further language development. The institution responsibly approaches the recruitment of teachers, accepting only experienced, friendly and patient specialists.
Stratford International Language Centre offers a variety of programs and courses, including general and specialized English, group or individual classes, vacation courses and much more. All educational programs are based on many years of research, development by subject matter experts and real-world teaching experience. In addition to exciting and understandable classes, the courses include study tours that allow you to practice language skills and learn Malaysian culture.
The classes use digital materials and online resources, with the help of which learning becomes more effective and interesting. The purpose of demonstration lessons is to provide a constant education of speech, for which native speakers are also included in the process.
All students have access to individual lessons according to a personal plan, which is drawn up at the beginning of the education. Thanks to the balance of the number of teachers and students, each student will receive enough control and attention for effective study, development of language skills.
Things to know about
- Among the students of the center there are quite a lot of foreigners, 5% of whom are representatives of the Russian Federation.
- Among the teachers - 50% of native speakers.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Stratford International Language Centre
Accommodation, meals, prices
Housing in Kuala Lumpur is provided by real estate agents. Depending on the requirements of the student and his budget, many options can be found. Average prices for rooms in communal apartments:
- Small - from 900 to 1100 ringgit,
- Medium – from 1000 to 1300 ringgit,
- Large - from 1300 to 1750 ringgit.
The price for accommodation in a separate apartment starts from 2000 ringgit. If desired, students can find accommodation themselves using local applications.
The price range of restaurants and cafes in Kuala Lumpur is diverse. The cost of one dish may also differ at different points of nutrition - a dish with rice will cost 10 or 25 ringgit. An average full three-course meal costs about 30-40 ringgit. If you buy groceries in stores, students spend about 150 ringgit per person per week.
Activities Stratford International Language Centre
Outside of school hours, students can explore Kuala Lumpur and nearby areas while exploring the country's attractions and culture.
- Experienced teachers,
- World-class curriculum, working teaching methodology,
- Use of audio and video media in the classroom,
- The ability to choose a course for your goals,
- Granting a visa for six months or a year,
- Support in different languages,
- Education in small groups of 5 to 15 people.
Facilities and equipment at Stratford International Language Centre
Stratford International Language Centre is located in the heart of kuala Lumpur, close to the offices of international and national companies, shopping malls and five-star hotels. The campus of the center is a ten-minute walk from the Towers of Petronas - the most famous landmark of Malaysia. About a hundred meters from the area there is a railway station LRT Ampang Park, trains from which leave for all parts of the city.
13 spacious and bright classrooms with interactive equipment are equipped. Since audio and video materials are often used in the classroom, each class has sound equipment, projectors and whiteboards. There is also a library in the building, which produces standard and additional literature. Students can use free WiFi and wired internet connection throughout campus as well as in computer labs.
Admission dates and extra charges
The duration of the General English Series and Intensive English courses ranges from one to 12 months.
Education programs are possible in two shifts:
- From 9:00 to 13:00 with a break of 20 minutes,
- From 14:00 to 18:00 with a break of 20 minutes.
Shifts are distributed among groups randomly, so students cannot choose the time of study.
- Accommodation, meals - from 1500 ringgit per month.
- Books, consumables - from 150 to 900 ringgit, depending on the program.
- Public transport – from 50 ringgit for long distances. Free buses with a short route circulate around the city. To travel, you will need a Touch and Go ticket, which can be replenished in the subway or MyNews stores. On average, two to six ringgits are written off per trip.
- Taxi – from 8 ringgit per trip depending on the time of day, distance. You can pay for a taxi both in cash and online - the service is similar to the familiar Yandex.Taxi.
- Excursions, activities, leisure. Many museums, exhibitions and observation platforms are paid, and for foreign students prices may differ in a favorable way. Employees of the center recommend using the Student ID, according to which government organizations provide discounts.
- Personal spending.
The institution offers one of two types of student visas:
- Six months – 1850 ringgit with education for at least four months,
- 12 months – 2750 ringgit with education for at least eight months.
You can come to Malaysia for a month as a tourist - visa documents are not required for people 18-45 years old.
The cost of the program includes:
- Sign up
- Language proficiency test,
- Standard books, materials,
- Student visa,
- Medical insurance,
- Meeting at the airport,
- Immigration permit.
To enter the Stratford International Language Centre, you must fill out a questionnaire on the official website of the institution. Then an employee of the admission committee will contact the applicants to clarify the data and inform about the rules for further registration. Upon confirmation of the student's arrival date on campus, the center will arrange a transfer from the airport to meet future freshmen.
The Stratford Language Centre has partnerships with local and international universities and colleges. Employees of the institution advise students on admission to universities in Malaysia and help in applying, choosing courses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applying to a language centre and obtaining a visa can be daunting, so Stratford staff are always available to advise applicants at every stage of the admission process.
There are no special requirements for enrollment in programs. For admission, you need to issue a foreign passport and a visa if the student arrives for more than one month. Before official registration, each candidate passes a test of language abilities in order to be assigned to a comfortable group for his level.
The institution works all year round, so admission to the courses is conducted during all 12 months.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Stratford International Language Centre
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.