St. Albans School Washington
Description of St. Albans School Washington
- Location: Washington DC, USA
- Students age: 14-18
- Number of students: 590
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: separate, school for boys.
St. Albans School specializes in preparing students for admission to higher educational institutions of the country and the world: in a private school you can prepare for admission to college of any type and in any specialty. In 2019, 83 school graduates successfully entered the selected educational institutions, many were offered scholarships. Over the past five years, students have entered the following universities:
- University of Chicago - 38 graduates
- Yale University chose 16 students
- Tulane University - 13 students were enrolled in high school
- Dartmouth College - 12 applicants
- Columbia University, Georgetown University, University of Pennsylvania - 10 people each.
The school is proud of its strong teaching staff: 67% of teachers are awarded master's and doctoral degrees. In addition, the school periodically invites a writer to the staff who conducts English literature for children and works on his book. So the writer Curtis Suttenfield worked at the school and wrote the bestselling book Prep.
Place St. Albans School in the national ranking (Niche, 2020):
- 4th place in the ranking of the best preparatory schools for boys in America
- 8th place in the ranking of the best Christian schools in the States
- The best school for boys in Washington.
School information in numbers:
- 1: 7– ratio of the number of teachers and students
- 67% of teachers with master's and doctoral degrees
- 13 people - average class size
- 25% of students receive financial assistance.
Among the famous graduates of the school:
- Malcolm Baker - Professor, Harvard Business School
- Charles Bass - New Hampshire Congressman
- Ralph Baker - Mayor of Salt Lake City
- James Bennett - Editor-in-Chief, Atlantic Monthly Magazine
- Allin Brown - Golfer
- John Casey - writer
- Justin Rockefeller - Political Activist
- Alex Ross - music critic
- Jeffrey Wright - Emmy Award-winning actor.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in St. Albans School Washington
Accommodation, meals, prices
33 students live in a residence on campus in comfortable rooms for 1 or 2 people. The school residence is located in a historic building with beautiful architecture and all modern amenities. In addition to living rooms, the hostel has common areas, laundry, places for games. From the windows of the residence you can see the panorama of the city. The ratio of students to adults in the hostel is 5 to 1.
Activities St. Albans School Washington
Heterogeneity lies at the heart of the educational and non-educational activities of the school, so a variety of activities are created for students. The school community offers career guidance days, spiritual and creative development: staging performances, visiting church services, talking with invited speakers. The events address issues of modern society that concern everyone: self-expression through creativity, gender issues, ethical issues and much more. In high school, students are offered community and interest clubs:
- Math team
- Historical club
- Club of Mental Health and Awareness
- Robotics class
- Debate Club
- IT club
- Chess Club
- Community of chemists
- Diplomatic Circle
- Leaders Club.
Facilities and equipment at St. Albans School Washington
A private school is located in the main city of the United States, the capital of America - Washington. St. Albans School is located on Wisconsin Avenue in a busy area, from the windows of a private school you can see city attractions and admire the urban landscapes. The educational institution has first-class equipment and developed infrastructure - we list the largest school facilities:
- Athletic complex
- Outdoor terrace for walks
- Closed terrace with Wi - Fi , cafeteria
- Cafeteria located in a historic building
- Park zone
- Conference hall
- Student Center "Bar Sam."
Admission dates and extra charges
- Application Form - 120 $
- Refundable deposit - $ 1000
- Insurance - $ 368
- Registration fee - $ 1850 .
Additional sections at will (price per term):
- Traveler Club - $ 165
- Science Club - 110 $
- Art - $ 125
- Computer Science - $ 100
- School of Photography (advanced level) - $ 110 .
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about St. Albans School Washington
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.