Burr and Burton Academy Private School
Description of Burr and Burton Academy Private School
- Year of foundation: 1892
- Location: Manchester, Vermont, USA
- Age of students: 14-18 years old
- Type of institution: private school
- Language of instruction: English
- Form of study: full-time
- Type of studying: mixed.
The private school Burr and Burton Academy is an educational institution with a long history, where Russian and foreign students annually come to receive education and preparation for entering the university.
This school is popular with the high academic performance of its students, who receive excellent performance during the exams: for example, SAT results for graduates are higher than in other schools. In Burr and Burton Academy there are some of America’s best teachers, whose qualifications are confirmed by numerous awards and certificates.
The private school of Burr and Burton Academy is engaged in environmental protection and actively encourages its students to do this. There is even a practical course “The interaction of man and nature”, and the school administration shows by its own example how to save our planet and not pollute it.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Burr and Burton Academy Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The first accommodation option for Burr and Burton Academy students is at one of four school residences located on the school grounds. In small houses there are workplaces, Internet, television, telephone, dining room, kitchen, living room, bedroom, room with computer. According to students, living in a school residence allows you to dive deeper into the learning process, to make many new friends, to save time on the way to school and contribute to complete immersion in the language environment. For those living in the residence, meals are organized: breakfast and dinner, students dine at the study campus.
The second option for living is host families, the school selects a family for each student, which will gladly provide him with a room and will spend his free time with him. The student fully understands the life and culture of American families, choosing this option for living. Usually students have lunch at school, so at home they have breakfast, dinner and can have a snack at any time.
Activities Burr and Burton Academy Private School
In their free time, Russian and foreign students have the right to organize their own leisure time. Visits to discussion clubs, circles in photography, music, and the publishing house of the school newspaper are available - thanks to such entertainment, the students not only relax, but also spend time with benefits.
If you want to combine study and travel, students go to the nearest cities on weekends, visit local sights, and during the holidays the school administration often organizes visiting trips for tourist and academic purposes: to Washington DC in the fall and to New York in the spring.
Also during study for students numerous events are held: creative, sports, scientific, entertaining. For example, you can participate in sports competitions and achieve certain results and awards in sports. The school has 19 sections:
- Frisbee and others.
Also for students skiing and snowboarding lessons are available, where all the necessary equipment is provided, and a professional instructor conducts the lesson.
- Personal curator during the study, helping to create an individual curriculum at the beginning of the year
- Available accommodation on school territory
- Highly qualified teachers
- School location in a developed area
- Additional English Courses (ESL)
- Opportunity to participate in the field study program
- 19 sports sections
- Accreditation by the Vermont Department of Education and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Opportunity to develop in the field of sports and art.
Facilities and equipment at Burr and Burton Academy Private School
The school consists of 7 buildings, each of which is equipped with the latest equipment and everything necessary for fruitful study: this allows teachers to use modern teaching methods, an interactive whiteboard, a projector, equipment for conducting experiments.
On the school territory there are located:
- Equipped classrooms with computers and internet
- Conference hall
- Science Lab
- Video and photo labs
- Robotics classroom
- Graphic design studio
- Radio studio
- Sports complex with a fitness center
- Sports grounds for team games
- Medical room
- Dining room, cafe
- Creative studios
Admission dates and extra charges
The standard academic year is divided into 2 semesters: classes begin in late August and end in mid-June.
- First semester: August-December
- Second semester: January-June.
The course price already includes:
- Accommodation and meals
- Tickets for school lunch
- Academic trips to Washington DC in the fall and New York in the spring, as well as weekend activities
- The program of skiing or snowboarding, including tickets, lessons and equipment
- Transportation from Albany International Airport on arrival, departure and between semesters, during the break in December
- Courses English as Second Language.
Additional costs include:
- Consular and visa fees
- Tuition deposit
- Medical insurance
- Roundtrip flight
- Lessons materials, textbooks, books
- Optional excursions and entertainment
- Additional individual lessons
- Charges for the development of the school.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Burr and Burton Academy application form
- The last two school year grades
- Personal statement, including why a student wants to come to the USA and specifically to this school
- English Exam Certificate: TOEFL, TOEFL Junior, IELTS, ITEP or Cambridge
- Recommendation letter of an English teacher
- Mathematics teacher reference letter
- Documents confirming the financial status of parents
- Family photos.
Applying for program is recommended a year before the course starts; online application is available for Russian and foreign students through the school’s official website.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Burr and Burton Academy Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.