Madeira private school
Description of Madeira private school
- Year of foundation: 1906
- Location: McLean, Virginia, USA
- Age of students: 14-18 years old
- Type of institution: private school
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of program: for girls.
Madeira School is a private girls' school with an American system of education, where you can get a secondary education and study from grades 9 to 12.
The school is regularly included in the top lists of US schools: throughout the history of the school received many awards and successfully passed numerous accreditations.
Students from all over the world come here every year: at the moment girls from 15 different countries are studying here. A feature of the private school for girls is the ability to create an individual plan, which, in addition to academic classes, will include many faculties for creative, spiritual and cultural development. The Madeira School, a private school for girls, has been teaching girls for 4 years, teachers and specialists in various fields prepare them for successful adulthood. Proof of successful experience are outstanding graduates who have achieved high results in the professional field of activity.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Madeira private school
Accommodation, meals, prices
For foreign students, the private school Madeira School provides the opportunity to live on the school campus in their own residences, there are six in all. Up to 25 girls can live in each house, and accommodation in rooms is provided for 1 or 2 people. Accommodation in rooms is carried out by the school administration on the basis of completed questionnaires indicating interests.
The security of schools and residences is carried out at the highest level, so the parents can not worry about personal safety of students. Each residence has its own kitchen where girls can cook, lounge and laundry. There is a workplace in the rooms and there is an Internet so that the students can do self-study or prepare for lessons.
Meals during the course are provided by the full board system, which includes: breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
Activities Madeira private school
Each week, the school administration organizes events or transportation to many places, including sports events, concerts, dances, trips to a mall or to cultural institutions in the nearby city of Washington: for example, the Kennedy Center, Smithsonian Institut, art galleries and museums. To leave campus, you must follow the rules, including obtaining permission from parents.
In Madeira School there are sports teams participating in competitions in various sports:
- Horseback riding
- Squash and others.
In addition to sports activities, schoolgirls attend entertainment programs:
- Movie views
- Participation in dance parties
- Attending concerts and theaters
- Visiting galleries and museums.
- Winner of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Included in the top 25 US schools
- Included in the ranking of the best schools in Virginia
- Small learning groups
- Personal Curator from the beginning of study
- Famous personalities among graduates
- Individual curriculum for each student
- Most of the time is spent on extracurricular activities.
- The opportunity to have a 5-week internship in the White House in middle classes
- The opportunity to have an internship in the company in high school
- 12 sports professional teams from female students
- More than 50 interest clubs
- Accommodation on campus
- Prospects for further admission to a prestigious university
- Friendly and comfortable atmosphere
- Rich infrastructure.
Facilities and equipment at Madeira private school
Private school Madeira has a rich infrastructure in its territory, so that students have a large selection of entertainment and leisure time. On the school grounds are:
- Student center
- Art and dance studios
- Concert hall for 590 seats
- Athletic facilities
- Playing fields
- Riding area
- Indoor gym
- Indoor pool
- 5 tennis courts.
Classrooms are equipped with modern equipment, computers, projects, interactive boards, which allows us to simplify the learning process and make it more effective and fun.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into 7 modules:
- First: August - October
- Second: October - November
- Third: November - December
- Fourth: January - February
- Fifth: February - March
- Sixth: April - May
- Seventh: May - June.
It is necessary to count on additional expenses related to studies, accommodation and leisure:
- Registration fee
- Round trip flight
- Round trip
- Consular and visa fees
- Service fee for the selection of programs and preparation of documents
- Medical insurance
- Educational materials, textbooks, books
- Optional excursions and entertainment
- Entrance fee
- English courses
- Additional individual lessons
- School development fees
- Tuition deposit
- Personal pocket money.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Enrollment in a private school is available for girls from 13-14 years of age: for enrollment, you must pass the SSAT exam and, if English is not your first language, provide a certificate for passing the language exam. Madeira School Private School accepts TOEFL or TOEFL Junior results.
Full package of documents for admission includes:
- Completed application
- The last two school year grades
- Personal application or motivation letter
- Certificate of language exam
- A letter of recommendation from the director and teachers
- Documents confirming the financial status of parents
- Medical certificates.
All international students must have a guardian living in the United States who can be contacted in case of an emergency for successful enrollment. Another prerequisite for studying in America is the availability of health insurance.
It is recommended to submit documents for enrollment until January 15 - applications submitted after this date will be considered only if there are free places. To increase your chances of admission, it is important to submit documents in advance and take a responsible approach to filling out an application and collecting the necessary documents. You can apply online to a private school at Madeira School, as well as an interview with a school representative.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Madeira private school
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.