The city of St. Julian's is one of the most popular among tourists: hotels are open here, there are many cafes and places of recreation, including the quiet Pacheville suburb, known worldwide for disco and bars. The pearl of the city is Spinola Bay (part of St. Julian's Bay). Spinola Bay is a busy place with colorful old buildings, modern places of rest, fashionable hotels and other interesting features. Traveling in Malta, take a walk along the bay promenade, enjoy the special atmosphere and hospitality of the locals.
Along the entire Spinola Bay there is a promenade with benches, shops, cafes. Conventionally, the bay can be divided into three parts:
This is a relatively calm place where the walking path approaches the sea water. Here are cafes, restaurants, comfortable shops, a monument to the fisherman, decorative boats. At the end of the northern part of the bay, a comfortable 4-star hotel was built with a swimming pool and a terrace for sunbathing.
In this part of the bay are:
- Church of the Immaculate Conception, founded in 1687: in 1914 it was expanded and restored
- Sculptural composition in the form of an inverted word LOVE: a popular meeting place in St. Julian's
- Sculpture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
This is the most built-up part of the bay: architectural styles and years of construction are mixed - here are modern buildings and centuries-old sights. Near the southern part of the bay is the Spinola Palace of the same name, built in the 17th century.
Spinola Palace was rebuilt in the 18th century, and today it is a luxurious 3-story baroque building with a small garden. The facade of the building is decorated with sculpted watches recognized as a masterpiece. The palace changed its purpose several times:
- From 1860 to 1922 - a military hospital
- During the Second World War - a shelter for the homeless
- Art Museum and Malta Ministry of Tourism
- Since 2007, the headquarters of the Mediterranean Parliamentary Assembly is located here.
- In the Gulf of Spinola is the tallest building on the island - Portomaso Business Tower
- Here is located the gorgeous residential complex Portomaso Marina, which amazes with the beauty of buildings.
The object belongs to the bays.