Southbank International School Kensington
Description of Southbank International School Kensington
- Location: London, UK
- Founded: 1979
- Number of students: 210
- Age of students: 3-11 years
- Type of study: joint (mixed)
- Language of instruction: English.
About 210 children aged 3 to 11 years from 40 countries visit Southbank International Kensington. Students attend the Early Childhood Program, Primary Years Program (International Baccalaureate course), and then transfer to Westminster campus, where they study the IB Middle Years program.
Kensington's campus is located in the London Notting Hill district, between the famous Portobello Road and Kensington Park Road: the educational building consists of two adjacent Victorian villas.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Southbank International School Kensington
Accommodation, meals, prices
Kensington's campus offers a balanced hot lunch for students who stay all day.
Activities Southbank International School Kensington
PYP participants take part in a number of extracurricular activities:
- LEGO Constructor
- Table tennis
- Rock climbing
- Textile art
- Science club
- Volunteer club.
English is the main language of instruction, Spanish is the second language of the school, they have been studying since 5 years. English as an additional class (EAL) is also offered from kindergarten to children for whom English is not native.
As the leading international Baccalaureate program school in London, all Southbank schools attract qualified teachers to foster a global perspective and educational research. The school encourages young students to study, research, play independently and with adults.
Methods of teaching through the game create conditions that allow students to engage in reading, writing, art, construction, creative games, science, mathematics. Children attend physical education classes, a library, and music classes taught by specialist teachers. Classes are held indoors and outdoors, the institution regularly organizes extracurricular trips that maximize the use of what London can offer young people.
The size of the classes is usually from 14 to 17 students, guarantees an excellent ratio of teachers and students, attention to each child, necessary for the full disclosure of its potential.
Facilities and equipment at Southbank International School Kensington
- High-Performance Mac IT Lab
- Interactive whiteboards in all classes
- Music room with instrument kit, digital recording equipment
- Two soundproof rooms for musical practice
- Art room with a wide range of materials for practical work
- Hall for celebrations
- Well-stocked library
- Individual access to digital devices to support learning
- Google Drive for student projects
- The Kensington campus has a large garden, a platform with sports equipment, a sandbox, a wide selection of educational toys, equipment.
- A special sports center, which is 15 minutes away by bus: offers a large gym, climbing wall and a dance studio.
- EU students have access to a huge selection of resources: alphabetical diagrams, craft materials, paints, books, educational board games, building materials, Lego, wooden blocks, iPad with age-appropriate applications, water and sand for experiments, free games, a home corner, which changes regularly.
Admission dates and extra charges
Sample Southbank International Kensington timetable:
- Registration - 8.40
- Classes for three-year-old children (EC3) - until 12.00
- Morning break, time for a snack, a walk on the street in fine weather
- Classes for children 3-5 years old - until 15.00 (EC4).
- Travel by bus - 1260 £ / g.
- Refundable deposit (one-time payment) - 2000 £
- The annual contribution to the teachers' association is £ 35.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The admission is based on the results of training in the previous school, reports, good recommendations, compatibility of students' experience with the content of PYP.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Southbank International School Kensington
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.