Sharif University of Technology (SUT) is a leading university in the physical sciences and engineering in Iran. The university opened its doors in 1966, based on the methodology and traditions of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
SUT consistently ranks in the top 5% of the best universities in the world in international academic rankings. The Technological University is recognized as one of the best in the field of "Informatics" and is on the 101st line in the world ranking by this criterion.
List of university faculties:
Among the graduates of the university there are many outstanding personalities: for example, the first female mathematician to be awarded the Fields Medal was a professor of mathematics at Stanford University. Akbar Torkan - ex-prime minister of transport, Mohammad Ali Najafi, ex-prime minister of higher education, music composer Peiman Yazdanyan and many others.
The university's place in world rankings:
About the university in numbers:
Popular undergraduate programs:
List of popular programs:
Doctoral programs are available at the main faculties of the university:
The university has several hostels for international students, all residences are located near the campus. Rooms are mainly designed for 4-5 people, common rooms - bathrooms, kitchens and study areas.
To foreign students work separate houses, in which international settle in the 1-2-bed rooms.
List of interest clubs:
List of sport sections:
The educational institution conducts scientific research that is significant for society and succeeds significantly in this, largely due to the high level of infrastructure. Fifteen research centers operate on the basis of the university, including:
The student infrastructure includes:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.