SEK International Schools (Barcelona)
Description of SEK International Schools (Barcelona)
- Year of foundation: 1892
- Location: La Garriga, Barcelona, Spain
- Age of students: 3-18 years
- Number of students: 5500
- The type of education: c interfere with learning
- Type of residence: residence
- Language of instruction: English, Spanish, Catalan.
SEK is an international educational center that for many years embodies innovations in the field of education, long-term experience and traditions. The main goal of the school is to create an enabling environment for the development of the skills necessary for comprehensive, international and deep education. The school has created a special environment in which each student will be able to realize their full potential. The school is proud of the multilingual environment: 50% of the curriculum is taught in English, 25% in Spanish and 25% in Catalan. From grade 5, anyone can additionally learn French or German.
Benefits of learning :
- Great location
- The school has three languages - English, Spanish and Catalan - and two additional languages (French or German)
- It is the only school in Barcelona, offering the International Baccalaureate education on the international program for the three age groups
- An extensive program of extracurricular activities
- The presence of scholarships.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in SEK International Schools (Barcelona)
Accommodation, meals, prices
Foreign students live in a comfortable residence in the heart of the national park. Borders can choose the type of accommodation: full board or school accommodation from Monday to Friday. Rooms for boys are designed for 2-3 people, rooms for girls - for 2 students.
Activities SEK International Schools (Barcelona)
The program of extracurricular electives and events includes:
- Figure skating
- Synchronized swimming
- Ping pong
- Martial Arts
- Musical ensembles
- Playing musical instruments
- Electonic music
- Modern dance
- Crafts and art
- The photo
- Chinese language and culture
- Russian language and culture
- Cambridge exams.
Facilities and equipment at SEK International Schools (Barcelona)
The school is located 30 minutes from Barcelona in a quiet park area surrounded by pine and spruce trees. The buildings on the school grounds occupy 30000 sq. M., And the area of the school territory itself is 100000 sq. M. The academic infrastructure of the school is divided into blocks and is a modern and high-quality educational complex.
- Classrooms are equipped with the latest technology.
- Science laboratories
- Exhibition areas
- Experimental laboratories
- Robotics classes
- School of Music
- Creative workshops
- Conference rooms
- Sports complex.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Starting classes: 6.09
- Christmas holidays: 22.12-7.01
- Easter Holidays: April 13-April 22
- Last school day: June 21st.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 600 EUR
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants undergo the following procedure:
- Contact the representative of the school through the official website, mail or by phone
- Talk with a representative of the school, anyone can visit the school
- Sending scanned documents to the post office
- Students are interviewed and admitted
- The selection committee will send a final decision as soon as it is made.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about SEK International Schools (Barcelona)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.