Leading schools in California for foreign students
Strive to enter the top universities abroad? Get high school elite schools in California! 90% of graduates of private schools in California become students of ranking universities, for example, universities of the Ivy League.
International students highly value California for the following reasons:
- amazing sunny climate
- snow-white beaches
- high concentration of tourist and business centers.
In California there are a large number of elite schools, colleges and universities that occupy the top positions in the ranking. It also houses the world famous Silicon Valley - the center of innovative technologies.
Reasons for studying in California schools for international students
- The uniqueness of the US secondary education system is determined by an individual approach, which positively affects the harmonious comprehensive development of each student, taking into account his interests, goals and abilities.
- Foreign students study both compulsory disciplines and optional subjects.
- The formation of classrooms is based on the individual characteristics of a foreign teenager and his academic results.
- Elite schools in California have all the conditions for the development of academic, creative and sports skills. A huge role is played by the successes achieved in sports and creativity.
- Specially for foreign students, language courses have been developed. They are aimed at quickly adapting to the new language and cultural environment.
- Graduates of leading schools in California show good exams at the time they enter university rankings in America and in the world. After receiving an American higher education, a graduate can obtain permission to work in the United States.
- Widespread recognition of the California High School Certificate.
- California has a large number of attractions.
What is important to know about education in California for foreign students from 14 to 16 years old?
Duration of secondary education in California is 12 years. Compulsory subjects for study are the natural and social sciences, mathematics, literature, physical education. On an additional basis, it is possible to study:
- Foreign language - Eastern, European, Latin, Greek
- Computer techologies
- Statistics and Economics
- Applied items
Especially for foreign students, various classes are organized in creative and sports sections: in case of achieving high results at sports competitions or creative competitions, graduates receive a significant advantage when enrolling in ranking universities in the USA.
California Elite Private School Admission Procedure
For admission to schools in California, foreign students aged 12 to 14 years are accepted. Several types of accommodation are offered:
- Host family
- School residence on campus.
The leading schools in California have created all the necessary conditions for effective learning: modern infrastructure on campus, facilities for recreation and leisure activities, comfortable accommodation.
List of basic requirements for foreign students
- Filling out a school questionnaire in English
- Providing school report cards with grades for the last few years of study
- Recommendations from teachers
- Passing an interview with members of the selection committee - aimed at determining the motivation and goals of the applicant
- Writing a test in several academic subjects
- Providing an international language certificate confirming a high level of English proficiency - SSAT, SLEP, TOEFL.
In case of insufficient level of English, you can start with studying at the preparatory language program or at the American summer camp.
List of TOP-10 best schools in California for foreign students
- Pacific Collegiate Charter
- Oxford academy
- Whitney high school
- KIPP San Jose Collegiate
- Preuss School UCSD
- Lowell high school
- University High School (Fresno)
- Hawthorne math and science
- University Preparatory Academy Charter
- Los Angeles Center for Enriched.
How much is the tuition in California schools?
The cost of education for a semester ranges from 20000 to 50000 $, taking into account accommodation, studying materials, food.