Saint Joseph's University English Language School
Description of Saint Joseph's University English Language School
- Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Age of students: 16+ years
- Language of instruction: English.
The campus of Saint Joseph's University English Language School is located in a quiet, respectable suburb near downtown Philadelphia, the fifth largest city in the country. Philadelphia is filled with history: about 40 million tourists come here every year! There is an excellent public transport system: students can easily reach local cultural sites and attractions, sports centers and stadiums, cafes, shopping centers, entertainment, shops, bars, theaters, etc.
Private Saint Joseph's University is well known both in the United States and abroad. The university offers about 40 areas for study (Major) on a well-equipped modern campus - it will be convenient for students to study and relax.
English courses at a language school will help to tighten the language to a level sufficient for admission to Saint Joseph's University and other universities and colleges in America.
In addition, Saint Joseph's University English Language School operates as an accredited IELTS centre. This language exam confirms the knowledge of English among foreigners (for whom English is not native) and is necessary for enrollment in more than 10,000 educational institutions in 140 countries.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Saint Joseph's University English Language School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Saint Joseph's University English Language School offers two accommodation options for students of language programs.
It is a cozy private room and the use of a shared bathroom in the house. All houses and families are chosen to be located in transport accessibility from the campus - an average of 10-20 minutes, no more, to the nearest bus stop. The university also offers its own transfer system (shuttle buses).
Meals included (usually breakfast and dinner, 14 meals per week).
Rashford Hall is a beautiful, convenient and safe place to live just a couple of minutes walk from the city center. Foreigners live here with American students. The rooms are provided with furniture, bed linen, access to WiFi, a small cooktop; on the floors there are washing machines and dryers. Basically, the rooms here are apartments with two single bedrooms, for every 2 apartments - one bathroom. The apartment has a cozy common living room, dining room with kitchen. Security is provided by passage by ID-cards, round-the-clock security (especially at the entrance), keys for each room.
Meals are not provided here, but students can cook in a fully equipped kitchen, all the necessary appliances and appliances are here.
Activities Saint Joseph's University English Language School
Among the most popular urban activities and excursions:
- Old Town: the opportunity to see the historical buildings and cultural symbols of the city and the United States - Independence Hall and Independence Square, the Liberty Bell, the museum-office of Benjamin Franklin, the house of Betsy Ross (according to legend, it was she who sewed the first flag of the United States), etc.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art: mainly here are the works of the XIX and early XX centuries - Van Gogh, Monet, Pissarro, Picasso, Rodin.
- Franklin Institute Science Museum: A unique, modern museum with a lot of interactive. Here, for example, the largest artificially created heart is stored!
Facilities and equipment at Saint Joseph's University English Language School
To the services of students:
- Modern computer laboratories
- Indoor swimming pool
- Baseball field
- Basketball court
- Learning center and classrooms (accessible to students with disabilities)
- Parking (university, for a fee)
- Fitness centre and gym
- Squash courts
- Rocketball courts
- Student Health Center
- Tennis courts.
Fast WiFi is available throughout.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Registration fee (one-time, non-refundable)
- The materials and technology support
- Medical insurance
- Courier delivery of documents: international
- Facility Fee
The exact start dates depend on the program you choose. Please note the dates of public holidays and weekends on which the school is closed.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Saint Joseph's University English Language School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.